Metal swarf shredding for the metal industry - Metal
In metal-working shops utilising swarf-producing manufacturing techniques, the generated swarf is often an underestimated cost factor.
- The machine operator must drive swarf containers away instead of working productively on the machine tool
- If the swarf container becomes overfilled, swarf re-enters the conveyor system. As a result, the conveyor jams and the machine is halted.
This means your expensive machine tool cannot attain its full productive potential.
The key challenge here is therefore: PROCESS RELIABILITY
We have the right metal shredder and the best solution for you.
Our machines and systems for swarf shredding and processing offer maximum efficiency, safety and efficiency. We turn each of your metal wastes back into valuable raw materials.
With the decentralised solution, the Erdwich swarf breaker is set up directly next to the lathe or machining centre. The swarf is removed and transported away to a central processing point either manually using a swarf cart or by means of pneumatic extraction, pumping or some other conveyor system.
With the centralised solution, the swarf is collected in swarf carts at each machining centre and then transported to the Erdwich master processing plant. This plant performs central processing of the entire volume of swarf.
Benefits of the two shredding solutions:
- Greater process reliability for the machine tool
- Lower transportation costs thanks to higher bulk weight
- Higher rate of return on scrap sales
- Reclamation of coolants and lubricants
- Significantly reduced personnel costs for swarf handling
- Improved occupational safety
- ...and many other procedural benefits