We supply activated carbons for water treatment, gold mining and many more applications. Azelis is looking for a distributor in South Africa. Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals distributor. We provide a diverse range of products and innovative services to more than 20,000 customers. Our in-depth local knowledge is supported by an international structure and value-added services including high levels of technical support and tailored solutions.
Find locations served, office locations , manufacturers
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Chemical Water Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Azelis, a leading global distributor of speciality chemicals.
Azelis has grown rapidly over the last decade, bringing together more than 37 specialist distribution companies throughout Europe, Australia, Canada, India, China and south east Asia to create one streamlined organisation. We now combine in-depth local knowledge with an international structure. We bring value-added services, exceptional technical support and unique tailored solutions. Through our experienced people, we introduce fresh ideas and innovative products to benefit our customers and principals.
This refreshing approach to chemical distribution is encapsulated in our website and branding. Most importantly, it is reflected in how we do business with you. Globally we are now one of the world's leading chemical distributors and suppliers.
Refreshing chemical distribution - a different way of doing business
At Azelis, innovation is in our DNA, and creativity is in our blood. That’s why our entrepreneurial and dynamic approach is refreshing the world of chemical distribution.
We approach challenges and processes boldly, with an innovative, compelling vision. We consult with customers and principals to develop new ways to create value for our partners. Our people are experts in their field, with extensive local market knowledge, supported by an international structure. We implement changes rapidly and continuously look for ways to refresh every aspect of chemical distribution.
This encapsulation of our business is reflected in this new-look website, and in our new branding. But more than that, it is reflected in how we do business with you: Azelis cares, every day.
Our values - guiding everything we do
Azelis continues to expand and develop its operations, united under one shared set of values. Our values guide how we do business and shape the ways we add most value for our customers and our principals.
At Azelis, we understand that expert knowledge sets us apart. An in-depth understanding of our markets, technical expertise in products and applications and the ability to combine it with commercial know-how enables us to add value in all of our business relationships.
This specialisation enables us to develop the highest quality of support and service for our customers and principals at a pan-European, regional and local level.
Within Azelis, we encourage flexibility, speed and proactivity to create value for our customers and our principals. Our entrepreneurial zeal is evident at every level, from the rapid strategic development of our company, substantial investment in systems, best practices and people, and our willingness to embrace new materials and innovative technologies.
A new streamlined structure - for better business
Azelis employs around 1,100 knowledgeable people across Europe, Canada, Australia, India and China. Our 2009-2011 business plan was the catalyst for restructuring Azelis to improve operational performance and achieve critical mass. A new streamlined structure is now in place.
- Seven geographic regions across Europe are each led by a regional managing director.
- Focussed business areas are each managed by an international business director responsible for business growth across the company in their industry segment.
- A centralised corporate management team is based in Antwerp, overseeing an integrated ERP system and streamlined logistics operation.
At the same time, we believe that local people in local markets give added value to our customers and our suppliers. In each country we have a dedicated business area manager supported by a sales team that understands the specific needs of their local customers and deals in the languages that are most convenient for them. They know the market they are selling into and provide high levels of local service.
Focus on Excellence
In today’s challenging environment, efficient operations, commercial excellence and value-added services are all benefits that Azelis can offer.
Azelis encourages innovation and promotes entrepreneurial thinking in every area of our business. Our people are service-oriented, and ready to share their expertise and experience to help you find the right solutions.
At Azelis, you will find:
- Dedicated sales staff who understand your technical challenges – and can provide technical support and fresh ideas
- Reliable, responsive service levels
- Quality assured business practices
- A culture that makes Responsible Care and the highest ethical standards real priorities
- Full control and accountability at every stage through handling, storage, transport and delivery
- Implementation of best business practices, clear communication and customer oriented decision-making procedures
- Knowledgeable international and local support
- Standardisation of performance evaluation
- A central Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) management system delivering consistently high standards, wherever you deal with us
For all your personal care, homecare, fragrance, coatings and pharma developments
Azelis Application Laboratories offer first-class facilities with market-focused expertise. Our technical services teams can help you with innovative formulations, ingredient combinations and chemical blends, bringing all of their experience to help you create the properties and characteristics you are aiming for.
We have a number of Application Laboratories for Personal Care, including our UK centre of excellence for colour cosmetics and fragrance. Our laboratory in Germany is a centre of excellence for emuslion systems and we also have laboratories in Poland, Bulgaria and China.
Our two Pharma laboratories are in the UK and Germany, while we have two specialist laboratories for Coatings in Germany and China.
Our Application Laboratories can help with:
- Innovative product formulations for personal care, homecare, coatings, fragranceand pharma applications
- Acknowledged industry experts
- New application ideas
- Product enhancements to meet specific objectives
- Confidential supplier and customer specific projects
- Stability testing
- Customer lab visits, product training days
- Product approvals
- Fully equipped laboratories
- Quality test methods
Food Application Laboratories
Creating innovative new food and health products
Our specialist Food Application Laboratories, located in the UK, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, France, Nordic, Italy, Poland and China have experienced food technologists who can create culinary and functional food demonstrations, test recipes and help you to explore the effect of new ingredients, additives or auxiliary materials on your food and health products.Our development kitchens offer:
- Beverage, bakery, confectionery, dairy, prepared foods, health foods and flavour expertise
- Confidential supplier and customer specific projects
- Help and advice on health claims legislation
- Nutritional applications
- Inventive application ideas
- Comprehensive recipe database
Azelis services ten specific markets across Europe, bringing high quality products, technical expertise and local service support to each.
- Animal Nutrition
High quality products for the agricultural and animal feed industry.
- Chemical Industries
A comprehensive portfolio of speciality and commodity chemicals with innovative products for high-tech solutions.
Speciality products for coatings applications including additives, pigments & fillers and resins.
- Food & Health
High quality ingredients, auxiliary materials and additives for food, health and nutritional products.
- Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids
Azelis offers a comprehensive portfolio of speciality products to serve the Lubricant & Metal Working Fluids market
- Personal Care
Europe’s leading distributor of ingredients and application solutions in personal care, fragrance markets.
An extensive range of finished preparations and (APIs) for the pharmaceutical, veterinary and health care industries.
- Rubber & Plastic Additives
Leading European distributor for the rubber and plastics industries.