Babcock & Wilcox Vølund AB
Babcock & Wilcox Vølund AB provides flue gas cleaning and flue gas condensation solutions with the highest standards of performance and availability for waste and biofuel-fired installations.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste to Energy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Babcock & Wilcox Vølund AB is an environmental technology company that specializes in flue gas cleaning and flue gas condensation for installations that burn biofuel or incinerate waste. We deliver complete system solutions for flue gas cleaning, water treatment and energy efficiency improvements based on proprietary technology. Our solutions and unique patented technologies help our customers to convert waste and biofuel to heat in an eco-friendly, economical and sustainable manner.
Babcock & Wilcox Vølund AB, previously named Götaverken Miljö AB, has its roots in the Götaverken Group – a major industrial conglomerate that included shipbuilding and boilermaking in Gothenburg, Sweden. Operations were located along the north bank of the river including Lindholmen, home to today's Lindholmen Science Park and our own offices.
Babcock & Wilcox Vølund AB is owned by Babcock & Wilcox Vølund A/S, Danmark (see short facts in the right-hand column). The company was founded in 1988, and the milestones below show the company's background and history:
- 1841: Alexander Keiller starts a mechanical engineering workshop for the manufacture of e.g. steam engines, turbines and bridge structures.
- 1886: 'Uddeholm' – the first steam ship is launched
- 1906: Keiller sells the company and the new owner uses the name Götaverken for the first time.
- 1985: The environmental division is formed within Götaverken Energy AB.
- 1988: Götaverken Miljö AB is formed as a separate company focusing on flue gas cleaning, energy recovery and heat pumps.
- 1998: Götaverken Miljö is acquired by the Sixth AP Fund.
- 2001: Development and marketing of ADIOX® technology for dioxin reduction begins.
- 2010: Götaverken Miljö is acquired by Babcock & Wilcox Vølund A/S.
- 2017: Götaverken Miljö is named Babcock & Wilcox Vølund AB.
We are one of Europe's leading suppliers of wet flue gas cleaning systems, often with integrated energy recovery in the form of flue gas condensation. Our patented, safe ADIOX® dioxin removal technology is installed all over the world. Our deliveries meet BAT standards and we ensure good performance and safe operations far into the future through our service agreements. Prior to January 2017 our company was named Götaverken Miljö AB.
We are owned by Babcock & Wilcox Vølund A/S, which is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and technologies for converting household waste, commercial waste and biomass into energy.