BalticNet-PlasmaTec stands for a technology and market oriented cooperation of science, research and economy in the field of the plasma technology. The network alticNet-PlasmaTec is a contact partner for interested parties who wants to use technical and economic expert`s assessments for own uses of the plasma technology in the Baltic Sea Region. Besides, the network support existing and initiate new cooperation’s between universities, the industry, small and medium-sized companies, public facilities and other important people from the field of the plasma technology. BalticNet-PlasmaTec has sat down as an aim to raise the perception of the plasma technology in the society. For this the network takes over coordinating duties by the realisation of common, in particular cross-bordering activities. BalticNet-PlasmaTec is a platform for the cooperation between the academic world, public facilities, private companies and individuals.
Registered as a non-profit association, BalticNet-PlasmaTec (BNPT) is an international cluster – located in Greifswald, Germany – which stands for a technology and market-oriented cooperation of science, research and economics in the field of plasma technology. As one of the most important plasma technology clusters in Northern Europe, BNPT’s aim is to raise the perception of the plasma technology in society. BNPT is a contact partner for interested parties in the Baltic Sea region who intend to expand their own technical and economic potential in using the plasma technology. BalticNet-PlasmaTec has currently 71 members in 15 different countries, most of them from the industry.
As an international cluster, BNPT aims at:
- supporting the creation of new jobs in the long-term by introducing and disseminating knowledge about plasma technology to the academic world, industrial sector, SME, public facilities and individuals;
- opening up new business fields and
- Intensifying joint marketing and R&D activities.
BNPT received in 2011 and 2014 the Bronze Label of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative. Since 2008 BalticNet-PlasmaTec was a member of the initiative Kompetenznetze.Deutschland and since 2013 BNPT belongs to the “Go-cluster” initiative of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology Germany. The initiative supports innovative clusters in Germany.
The main activities of the cluster include:
- Searching for and connecting partners in R&D and industry
- Defining joint projects and participating in international calls
- Managing of international projects and cooperation in R&D and scientific marketing
- Acquiring funds and organising projects
- Organising exchange of teachers, students and employees
- Placement of graduates, doctoral candidates and internships
- Arranging technology marketing for new procedures and products
- Presenting R&D results, services and products
- Presenting the cluster and the members at fairs
- Organising workshops, congresses and informative meetings