Bureau Veritas is a world leading, professional services company. We offer bespoke solutions to help organisations achieve, maintain and demonstrate compliance with quality, health, safety, environmental and social accountability obligations.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a world leader in conformity assessment and certification services.
We help our clients to improve their performances by offering servicesand innovative solutions in order to ensure that their products,infrastructures and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and socialresponsibility.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.
Group Key Figures
- 48,000 employees, 930 offices and 330 laboratories in 140 countries
- 400,000 clients
- 8 global businesses with leadership positions
- 2010 revenue: €2.9 billion
- Bureau Veritas is a listed company on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Compartment A, code ISIN FR 0006174348, stock symbol: BVI).
- Efficient international network. Unique combination of international and local networks. Consistent service delivery. High reactivity in deploying new capabilities.
- Brand and reputation. Strong brand built over 180 years.
- Skilled employees. Robust technical expertise. Entrepreneurial,client-driven culture.
- Recognized technical expertise. Comprehensive portfolio of accreditations. Thorough knowledge of regulations, reference frameworks and standards. Extensive knowledge of industrial markets.
- Broad service portfolio; All QHSE requirements covered. Cross-selling potential.
Our areas of expertise
- Social responsibility
- Inspections and audits
- Testing and analysis
- Asset management
Bureau Veritas was established in 1828 “to seek out the truth and tell it without fear or favor.” The allegorical figure of Truth, represented by a woman emerging from a well, was chosen as the logo.
The Bureau Veritas emblem shows a young woman seated on the edge of a well with her arms raised. In her right hand is a torch, in her left a mirror. Her left foot rests on a globe.
On the ground are a pair of scales, Mercury’s wand (a caduceus), and a rooster with its eyes raised towards the woman. The horizon shows a three-masted vessel, sails billowing, passing across a bay.
Sharing our Vision
Become a leader in our industry and a major player in each of our market segments and key geographical market.
To deliver economic value to customers through Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility management of their assets, projects, products and systems, resulting in licence to operate risk reduction and performance improvement.
Our Group has built a successful global business based upon its long-standing reputation. This reputation is one of the most valuable assets for the Group worldwide and is reflected in our core and business values and our Code of Ethics.
Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality Policies
Bureau Veritas UK Limited is a leading Quality, Health, Safety and Environment professional services organisation offering Inspection, Certification and Consultancy Services. We recognise and accept the sound moral, legal and financial reasons for ensuring the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors and other persons who may be directly affected by our activities. Bureau Veritas also accept the importance of managing the direct and indirect environmental impacts of our activities in a responsible manner, through a commitment to continual improvement of our environmental performance and quality management.
Respecting our values
Our core values are fixed and absolute. They focus on Integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, respect for all individuals, social and environmental responsibility.
These values are the 'cement' of Bureau Veritas to which each of us subscribes.
They reinforce our unity and coherence and ensure the reality of our strategy of profitable growth.
Two of these core values:
- Integrity and Ethics
- Impartial Counsel and Validation were the focal point of recent work conducted by our profession.
This work was led by the International Federation of Inspection Agencies (IFIA). The aim of the agency is to develop a compliance program governing all IFIA members. The goal of the program is to enhance the status of the profession by ensuring that each IFIA member:
- abides by minimum standards of professional conduct throughout its organisation
- assures ethical behaviour
- assures the integrity of its services.
As a member of IFIA, we are committed to developing and implementing a compliance program which covers our entire organisation. The principles and rules of this program are contained in the current 'Code of Ethics' which reflects all IFIA Compliance Code requirements.
All employees, managers and executives are responsible for making compliance a vital part of our business process and future success.
Integrity and ethics
- We act with good faith, honesty and fairness.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We state clearly our contracts and actions and deliver them accordingly.
- We follow company policies and processes.
- We respect confidentiality of business and personal information.
- We respect local and international ethics and professional standards.
- We provide information, instruction and training as necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of our teams.
- We are all required to meet our health and safety duties and responsibilities at work.
Impartial counsel and validation
- We deliver professional and unbiased advice.
- We deliver reports which are accurate records of actions in line with our best practices.
Respect for all individuals
- We treat others as they are entitled to be treated.
- We consider the impact of our personal actions on others.
- We have our individual contribution recognised and valued and receive accurate feedback on our performance.
- We respect differences, care about others and do not discriminate against others on race, ethnic origin, age, sex or religious and political beliefs.
Social and environmental responsibility
- The growing commitment of companies to society creates new challenges to combine profitability and accountability.
- An awareness of these new risks creates new requirements and new activities and has an effect at both organisational and management levels of the company.
- Bureau Veritas as a whole, and each employee individually, takes account of the impact of their actions on the community, people and business.
- Bureau Veritas ensures that we are good neighbours to the communities in which we are doing business by complying with the law and acting in the right spirit.
Founded in Antwerp, Belgium in 1828, the Information Office for Maritime Insurance had a simple mission: to give shipping underwriters up-to-date information on premiums in use at commercial centers and provide precise information on the state of ships and equipment.
In 1829, the company was renamed Bureau Veritas, adopted the emblem of Truth as its official logo and edited its first Register of some 10,000 ships. In 1833 the head office transferred from Antwerp to Paris, where a branch office was set up in 1830.
The company went from strength to strength, expanding into new areas such as “Control of Materials”, for iron and steel inspection in the burgeoning railway industry, as well as inspecting factory equipment. In 1922, the French government entrusted Bureau Veritas with the official control of airworthiness certificates for civil aircraft. Nor was the automobile industry neglected: Bureau Veritas created a service to check buses, coaches and trucks in 1927.