Celtic Recycling Limited
Specialising in recycling and recovery of end of life heavy electrical equipment and hazardous waste disposal - Celtic Recycling is the UK`s leading specialist. Our main services include: live site dismantling; PCB disposal and decontamination; SF6 Gas recovery & disposal; oil recycling; and high pressure environmental cleaning. Supporting these key services we manage a fleet of vehicles designed to facilitate the environmentally safe movement of abnormal loads to sites across the UK.
Our main services include: live site dismantling; PCB disposal and decontamination; SF6 Gas recovery & disposal; oil recycling; and high pressure environmental cleaning. Supporting these key services we manage a fleet of vehicles designed to facilitate the environmentally safe movement of abnormal loads to sites across the UK.
Celtic Recycling prides itself on the provision of the highest quality service, adhering to all legal requirements, with a view to ensuring complete peace of mind for our clients on every project. The company has an innovative problem solving approach, successfully handling even the most complex site scenarios.
Client satisfaction is of paramount importance to us which is why the company actively seeks customer feedback and regularly reviews our service provision against current and future client needs.
Celtic Recycling carefully plans and executes each live-site dismantling operation in a safe, professional and reliable manner. However complex the site access or dismantling requirements, we have the equipment and personnel to assist.
Our team of highly trained and dedicated staff provide live-site dismantling and demolition services throughout the UK. Whether the project is the complete dismantlement of a power station, the routine removal of a single plant unit or an emergency response following equipment failure, Celtic Recycling plans and executes the recovery operations expertly, efficiently and safely.
Working in a high risk environment poses unique challenges. Our experience in this field is unsurpassed and we draw upon this expertise, coupled with our innovative approach to problem solving to make often complex and difficult situations as straightforward as possible for our clients.
We are fully aware of the risks associated with live-site activities and all site staff are required to undertake comprehensive, relevant health, safety and environmental training, including client based training, prior to being approved for working in sub-station environments.
For all live-site activities, experienced Celtic Recycling personnel are involved from the outset, working with clients to develop a comprehensive risk assessment and safe work procedure for each stage of the project.
Detailed initial site inspections are carried out by our highly experienced estimators whose reports provide the basis for development of our project safe working strategy. Site supervision and communication are of the highest professional standard throughout.
Many Celtic Recycling staff are client-accredited Competent Persons and operate in a site supervisory capacity. The company also frequently undertakes the role of Principal Contractor under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
State-of-the-art facilities for the disposal, processing and recycling of end-of-life heavy electrical equipment & hazardous waste can be found at our Bridgend facility. Ongoing investment in the facility has ensured that Celtic Recycling continue to be the market leaders.
All plant items considered hazardous or difficult are transported by Celtic Recycling to the Bridgend facility, where the environmental protection measures and controls greatly exceed those required under current environmental legislation.
The Celtic Recycling Bridgend site is licensed to receive and process all types of electrical equipment, including plant contaminated with hazardous wastes such as mercury, asbestos, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and SF6 (sulphur hexafluoride).
Environmental safeguards include:
- Fully-contained site perimeter drainage
- High risk area bunding
- Contiguous, inter-linked heavy-duty steel containment bays in the PCB-processing area
- Oversized oil interceptors – with almost twice the capacity for emergency spillage containment required by legislation
- High-grade, virtually impervious micro-silica concrete slab construction
- The entire site is supported upon a heavy duty geo-membrane which completely underlies the site to provide an impermeable seal
Current process facilities on site include:
- An on-site twin-chamber incinerator which can process difficult wastes such as oil or bitumen-contaminated equipment, which is linked to state-of-the-art computer data loggers to monitor and record operating temperatures and stack emission levels
- ‘Draigufel’ PCB-decontamination equipment for processing PCB-contaminated insulating oil, supported by an in-house laboratory equipped with a gas chromatography unit
- Solvent wash processing to remove PCB from solid wastes, ably serviced by recently installed electric overhead cranes
- SF6 storage, recovery and test facilities
- Bulk oil storage capability for contaminated or non-contaminated oils
- Numerous lift facilities up to 60 tonnes capacity
- Modern materials handling equipment and processing methods for non-contaminated plant and equipment
In addition to the main entrance which is equipped with a 50 tonne capacity weighbridge, the facility also benefits from a dedicated abnormal load entrance which is capable of receiving the largest vehicles and loads able to travel on the UK’s highways today. Transformers and other capital assets up to 110 tonnes in weight are routinely offloaded in the dedicated heavy off-load area utilising the company’s in-house bespoke jacking and winching system.
Specialist fleet of vehicles designed to facilitate the environmentally safe movement of abnormal loads to UK sites. Celtic Recycling’s transport fleet and site-specific plant provides a flexible and responsive solution to site requirements.
Celtic Recycling can cater for all of your abnormal load movement needs.
Our Plant Machinery
- Sennebogen 630 - hydraulic telescopic crawler crane
- Fuchs high-lift materials handler
- Numerous fork lift trucks ranging from 2.5 - 12 tonnes capacity with an array of materials handling attachments for various client-applications
- Roll-on-off vacuum tanker for mobile and static applications