Chimirec Group is a key player in the collection and treatment of Hazardous Industrial Waste (HIW) both in France and abroad. The size of the business or the local authority makes no difference to us, neither does the field of activity; we offer our expertise on quality, safety and environment protection to all our clients, and we remain close at hand. All waste collected by our heavy vehicles (complying with ADR, European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road) is brought to our facilities to be weighed, analyzed, consolidated and prepared. It is then dispatched to approved treatment routes. In order to better safeguard the environment, the CHIMIREC Group has developed 7 methods of treatment that use procedures for recovering material or energy.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Waste Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 €
CHIMIREC is never far away from your business
- 27 approved sites in France.
- 14 collection, consolidation and pre-treatment facilities offering a service which is close at hand.
- 5 facilities abroad (Poland, Canada and Turkey).
- 9 transfer stations for waste oil.
- 15 laboratories completing 5,000 analyses on waste every day.
- 7 treatment centres offering 8 recovery methods for waste.
- 320 heavy goods vehicles (ADR regulations) safely collect your waste on a daily basis throughout France.
The CHIMIREC Group's Philosophy
In its constant bid for improvement, the CHIMIREC Group has endeavoured to achieve the combined certification of the ISO 9001 Quality Management standard, the ISO 18001 Health and Safety standard and the ISO 14001 Environmental Management standard for all its subsidiaries and for all its activities. Today 93% of the Group's employees work on a threefold certified site.
At the beginning of 2009 CHIMIREC signed up to the ‘Grenelle de l'Environnement' (Environment Round Table Governmental Initiative) national campaign by establishing a carbon footprint for all its facilities and treatment centres.
Our new objective is to involve the Group in a programm of sustainable development by:
- embracing our sustainable development charter from the end of 2009 and ;
- creating an ambitious project in 2010 based on the 3 pillars of sustainable development (Economic, Social and Environmental).
In addition to these programmes, CHIMIREC, by committing the Group over the medium term, will operate a strict ethical approach in the following areas:
Customers and suppliers:
- respect for clients and for the confidentiality of the information supplied.
- competitiveness in our prices (from a stance of healthy competition).
- creation of systems that enable us to avoid any deviation from good practice or any conflict of interest in how we deal with our clients and suppliers.
- choice of suppliers that allows sustainable and eco-responsible purchasing.
- Protection for people as part of a health and safety policy Implementation of practices that optimize hygiene (improvement programm for changing rooms and working conditions) and prevention (vaccinations, blood tests, etc.).
- Respect for an individual's personal life.
- Vigilance in relation to undeclared work (this vigilance also applies to our suppliers).
- Transparency vis-à-vis stakeholders when it comes to projects and operations (active participation on ‘Commissions Locales d'Information et de Surveillance' [Local Information and Surveillance Committees]).
- Preference for recovery on waste treatment routes and in our investment choices.
The CHIMIREC Group became aware at a very early stage of the problems caused by certain types of waste on the environment if not handled properly. Nowadays the collection, the treatment of industrial waste and the management of its impact on the environment concerns all industrial countries.
Environmental issues – a global challenge
It is clear that global environmental challenges cannot be met without international standardisation and international regulations in relation to the environment. However, a country's cultural characteristics must be preserved if we are to make global action effective at a national level.
The different world summits and international conventions on the theme of the environment have led to numerous laws which have enabled companies like CHIMIREC to access markets that were previously closed.
A responsible policy of international development
In the context of preserving the planet, the CHIMIREC Group is undoubtedly an important point of contact because of itsexpertise in the collection, sorting and treatment of hazardous industrial waste.
Each time we establish a new facility abroad, we are committed to:
- Bringing our citizenship values and our know-how ;
- Ensuring that our services are adapted to take into account the rules, customs and traditions of the country.