COWI operates worldwide within all principal fields of engineering, environmental science and economics. Approximately 6000 employees are working in over 100 countries in all parts of the world. COWI is a leading consulting group that creates value for customers, people and society through our unique 360° approach.
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Over 1000
COWI is a leading consulting group that creates value for customers, people and society through our unique 360° approach.
Based on our world-class competencies within engineering, economics and environmental science, we tackle challenges from many vantage points to create coherent solutions for our customer.
With offices all over the world, we combine global presence with local knowledge to take on projects anywhere in the world - no matter how large or small. At any given moment, we are involved in more than 17,000 projects.
We have more than 80 years experience in the business, and COWI is a leader within its field because our more than 6,200 employees are leaders within theirs.
Together with our customers, we create coherence in tomorrow's sustainable societies.
Our vision expresses the direction which we wish COWI to take. Our mission is our reason for being. Together with our strategy and values, they point us to the future.
Our vision is to create coherence in tomorrow’s sustainable societies.
We want to be:
- An industry top player
- We are a top earner in the industry creating substantial value to enable growth and innovation
- The customer’s first choice
- COWI is the customer’s partner of choice when it comes to creating innovation and sustainable value
- The best people
- We have the highest level of competencies and knowledge sharing in the industry based on our high performance teams
- A leading brand
- COWI is the strongest brand and the preferred consultant in all of our designated markets
- World-class international specialists
- We are recognised as the world leader within our international business lines
- Excellent operations
- Our continuous improvement efforts benchmark with the best
We are consultants creating significant value for customers, people and society through our knowledge and 360° approach.
- Involving and engaging customers and stakeholders in co-creating optimum solutions.
- Applying world-class knowledge and experience globally and locally based on engineering, economics and environmental science.
- Creating prosperity and opportunities for customers, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders.
At COWI, we have made it a priority to think sustainability into all of our activities.
It’s part of our belief that a company in COWI’s position has a unique opportunity and responsibility to make a positive contribution to the world.
Explore this site to learn more about our efforts to make COWI part of a sustainable future.
MORE WITHIN Sustainability
- Our approach
- Sustainability services
- Climate change and environment
- Our people
- Human rights
- Research and education
- Sustainability reporting
COWI's story begins with a nightclub – the first in a series of innovative engineering solutions designed by ambitious employees throughout the company's history…
The COWI we know today has a history stretching back more than 75 years.
It all began with a young engineer in a small apartment in Vesterbro, Copenhagen, who designed the largest nightclub in Scandinavia, and thereby took his first step towards creating the multinational company we now know.
The consulting firm, which soon has ten employees, is driven by a hitherto unknown innovative spirit that, little by little, shapes its identity.
COWI expands briskly, breaks the existing monopoly on bridge design and becomes the leader in its field. As the years roll by, new generations of innovators within the company help to shape social progress in Denmark and abroad.
Words and images have been used here to provide an insight into just a few of the many events that together make up COWI's history.