CP Manufacturing, Inc.
CP Manufacturing, a leading designer and manufacturer of recycling equipment and systems in the world market, designs, builds and installs single stream curbside processing equipment to include paper screens, fiber and container separators as well as can crushers / densifiers / flatteners.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste and Recycling
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 €
We are proud of the fact, that at CP, we hold our standards high. All of our employees act with the highest integrity, and our goal is to provide our customers with the best solutions and products available. Our continuous innovation, forward-thinking mind-set, and care for our customers’ success, allow us to continue to be the global leader in our industry.
Dedication, Integrity, & Continuous Innovation
CP is dedicated to you and your success. When you work with CP and our Family of Companies, you are guaranteed the highest caliber of service. All of our hundreds of employees are dedicated to you, to our family of companies, and to continuing to provide solutions for sustainability.
CP Manufacturing’s story begins in the scrap metals industry – the forerunner of the modern recycling industry and systems you see today.
- CP’s parent company, IMS Recycling Systems was founded in 1954 by Charles M. Davis as a buyer and seller of scrap metals.
- In the early 1970′s, IMS and Alcoa Aluminum developed an aluminum can reclamation program to analyze the profit potential, as well as the environmental impact, of recycling aluminum cans. As the program grew, the need for separation and volume reduction equipment became very evident so Mr. Davis, being a mechanical engineer, invented the first aluminum can flattener – the CP100 – for use in his own yard. In answer to the demand from other companies to purchase this machinery, CP Manufacturing was founded.
- CP Manufacturing was incorporated in 1977.
Taking advantage of IMS’s industry experience, as well as their R & D capabilities, CP continued to re-design and upgrade its aluminum can processing equipment to include several generations of can flatteners, can densors, glass crushers and other UBC processing and handling equipment to continue to offer the most state-of-the-art equipment in the industry.
In the latter part of the 1980′s, CP recognized that the trend was turning toward curbside collected recycling as mandated by municipalities and turned their design and engineering efforts in that direction.
In 1990 CP’s first Co-Mingled Sorting System was installed in Illinois. As the industry evolved, so did CP, adding OCC and Fiber Sort Lines to their Material Recovery Facility design layouts.
As the United States and other countries worked to increase the effectiveness of recycling by making it easier for consumers to participate and more cost effective to implement, CP dedicated their research and development efforts to assist in this effort.
In 1997 CP’s first Single Stream Sort System was installed in Australia
In 2000, IMS won the contract to process the City of San Diego’s Single Stream collected material using a system designed by CP.
Over the past decade, CP has evolved and grown expansively through acquisitions and partner relationships.
- In August 2003, CP acquired MSS, a manufacturing company specializing in optical sorting solutions, further expanding our product line.
- In late 2004, CP acquired Krause Manufacturing, the world leader in construction and demolition separation equipment and material recovery facilities.
- In 2005, CP opened offices in the United Kingdom and formed CP Europe.
- In 2008, CP acquired IPS Balers, an innovative baler manufacturing company.
- In 2009, CP formed an exclusive partnership with Ken Mills Engineering, producing a 50/50 owned company called CPME. In early 2011, CP formed an exclusive partnership with Impact Air of the UK, enabling us to directly offer our customer film and dust control solutions.
- In early 2012, CP acquired Advanced MRF, specializing in intelligent motor controls systems and seamless plant-wide data acquisition.
Today, CP Manufacturing and the CP Group have provided equipment for 6 continents and have designed, manufactured and installed over 400 Material Recovery Facilities, and over 10,000 pieces of UBC processing equipment. We continue to lead the industry with innovative design, quality construction and unsurpassed customer service.
The CP Group of Companies will provide the highest-quality end products to our customers, while striving to make them the leaders in their respective industries. To guarantee our continued success we will achieve a reasonable profit, continue to be the leader in our industry through individual and combined dedication, innovation, and integrity. We will give our employees the opportunity for both personal and professional growth.
- Act with honesty and integrity
- Treat people with respect
- Conduct all business lawfully
- Accept individual and corporate responsibility
- Strive for customer satisfaction
- Improve and innovate continuously
- Never be wasteful
- Always work effectively and efficiently