Donaldson Company, Inc.
As a global leader in the filtration industry, we pride ourselves on our innovative technologies and solutions, backed by a talented and dedicated team of employees. In 1915, a young Frank Donaldson Sr.—then a Bull Tractor Company salesman—visited a customer whose tractor kept breaking down in his dusty field. Frank hand-fashioned a simple air cleaner to protect the engine and invented the world’s first effective air cleaner for a tractor engine. Over 100 years later, Donaldson continues to innovate, using our filtration technologies and processes to provide customers with the solutions they need. Donaldson works with our customers to solve some of the world`s most complex filtration and contamination control challenges, and we are now one of the largest providers of unique filtration technologies and high-quality filters and parts in the world.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air Filtration
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- more than $1,000,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
For over 100 years, Donaldson has been solving customers' complex filtration needs. Today we are one of the largest providers of unique filtration technologies and high-quality filters and parts.
Understanding the value in his idea, the young salesman-turned-inventor introduced his air cleaner to the market, and Donaldson Company was born.
- 1915 Innovation in Agriculture: Frank Donaldson Sr. invents the world’s first effective air filter for a farm tractor.
- 1945 First International Facility: Growing demand led to Donaldson Company’s expansion into Ontario, Canada.
- 1974 Acquisition of Torit: This key merger solidifies Donaldson’s presence in a growing industrial dust collection market.
- 2015 Centennial Anniversary: Donaldson celebrates its first century of providing customers with innovative filtration solutions.
Who we Serve
Our customers are as varied as the industries they represent, and include aerospace, agriculture, construction, food and beverage, manufacturing and transportation fields. You cannot always see our products and technologies, but they are at work in hundreds of ways, from bulldozers to hearing aids, and from airplane cabins to grain processing facilities.