E-CO is the exclusive distributor for Steril-Aire in the UK. We are the leader in high-intensity ultraviolet germicidal solutions for HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning). We help you implement green and efficient Steril-Aire UVC technology for HVAC systems across your building/facilities, to deliver cleaner indoor air, free of bacteria, viruses and mould, while reducing your HVAC energy cost by 20%.
We are the leader in high-intensity ultraviolet germicidal solutions for HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning). We help you implement green and efficient Steril-Aire™ UVC technology for HVAC systems across your building/facilities, to deliver cleaner indoor air, free of bacteria, viruses and mould, while reducing your HVAC energy cost by 20%.
We are the Exclusive Distributor for Steril-Aire in the UK and are the leader in high-output ultraviolet germicidal solutions for HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning).
Our mission is to support our FTSE clients’ environmental and sustainable goals by delivering HVAC energy reduction, reducing carbon footprint, improving indoor air quality for better productivity and less employee absenteeism.
A majority of our UK clients are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, have achieved the CarbonTrust Standard and are pursuing BREEAM or LEED certification for their building/facilities. They are eager to refine their energy savings goals by upgrading their BMS (Building management system) and conducting energy audits to help them identify energy inefficiencies such as under-performing HVAC system.
At E-CO, we are passionate about saving energy and reducing carbon footprint while improving indoor air quality. In addition, we are a Carbon Trust Accredited Supplier.
E-CO & Steril-Aire are the leaders in UVC HVAC solutions in the UK
- Energy & Maintenance Savings: Decrease your operating costs by reducing HVAC energy consumption, maintenance, and water costs. Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Health and Well-Being: Improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) by killing 99% of bacteria, viruses, and mould, resulting in better productivity and lower employee absenteeism.
- Environmental: Obtain BREEAM and LEED credits in multiple categories, as well as tax rebates and incentives.
- Sustainability: More efficient HVAC systems last longer, cutting unnecessary capital expenditures for replacement and keeping prematurely aged equipment out of landfills.
- E-CO is a Carbon Trust Accredited Supplier: “Carbon Trust Accredited Suppliers have undergone an independent accreditation process to demonstrate their skills and experience in delivering low energy, high performing solutions'
Combining the highest performing Steril-Aire UVC (ultraviolet-C) technology with experienced and skilled professionals, we help you implement clean and energy efficient HVAC upgrade (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning) across your building/facilities.
Our UVC solution can reduce HVAC energy consumption by 15-20% through HVAC system heat transfer improvements and increased net cooling capacity.
Negative Impact of Biofilm on Cooling Coils
- Biofilm coating of cooling coil fins and tubes dramatically decreases heat transfer.
- Biofilm buildup between the fins increases resistance to air flow, thus increasing fan energy consumption in VAV systems. Conditioned air delivery can be reduced, causing thermal discomfort and stale air pockets.
- Fouled cooling coils results in poor cooling coil heat transfer.
- Chilled water pumps have to work harder by pumping more chilled water to remove heat from partially insulated cooling coils.
Our Steril Aire UVC (Ultra Violet C) solution eliminates cooling coil cleaning and increase duct work maintenance intervals.
Air conditioning cooling coils are expensive and often are impossible to clean. Mechanical cleaning methods are not effective and significantly reduce the life of coils. Cleaning is costly and largely ineffective because mechanical methods don’t clean the deep interior of the coil resulting in the equipment fouling up within weeks of cleaning and reducing A/C efficiency by up to 20%.
Our UVC solution offers:
- Perpetual sterilized cooling coils 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and never require cleaning again or HVAC downtime.
- Significant cost savings over existing cleaning methods (chemicals and disinfectants) and maintenance practices.
- Can returns older HVAC systems back to “as specified” performance.
- Retrofit into any coil types from large roof top systems to splits, cassettes and fan coils.
Is Your Building’s Indoor Air Quality Impacting Workforce Productivity? It just might be…
Various factors over the past decade have led to greater adoption of strategies to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) in office buildings as part of an overall sustainability portfolio program.
A growing body of scientific knowledge has raised awareness about the increased health risks for employees which lead to potentially significant liabilities, increased absenteeism, and reduced productivity. New buildings and construction are built tight to save energy while older ones are implementing measures to reduce heat and cooling loss. In doing so, the building becomes increasingly air-tight, resulting in not bringing in enough fresh air to dilute workplace contaminants.
Our Germicidal UVC solution can:Kill 99% of airborne bacteria, viruses and allergens as they pass through the HVAC system and neutralize odours.Prevent the spread of infectious diseases caused by bacteria (including TB, Legionella, E.Coli, and whooping cough) and viruses (including colds, flu, measles, German measles, chicken pox, small pox and SARS).Prevent airborne pandemic threats such as H1N1, SARs, H5N1, MERS-CoV from spreading through HVAC systems.
Our UVC for HVAC solution is designed to help you earn BREEAM and/or LEED credits in multiple categories as outlined below. BREEAM-certified projects cost less to operate and maintain than traditional buildings, are energy- and water-efficient and have higher lease rates than conventional buildings in the same market.
Water Conservation and Savings
HVAC systems produce a lot of water which is normally full of pollutants and is consequently ejected into the sewage system.
Once Steril-Aire’s Emitters are installed, the water is automatically purified and can be recycled for applications such as: cooling tower make up, irrigation systems, and internal “grey water” use.
Recycling HVAC Condensate saves money:
- Lower condenser water temp requiring less chiller energy per ton of cooling.
- Each degree water is lowered can reduce chiller kW by 1-4%.
- Improved chiller operating performance as the load is reduced.
- Reduce trade effluent charge.
Breathe better, Work Better.
Staff salaries and expenditures make up the bulk of operational expenses associated with occupying an office building. Indeed, over 85% of total workplace costs are spent on salaries and benefits, compared to less than 10% on rent and less than 1% on energy.
Research suggests that by making even small improvements to factors such as productivity, health and well-being, businesses can experience greater financial benefit than they would from more efficient resource use in building operations.
At E-CO, we can help you take a fresh look at reducing your workplace absenteeism due to short term illness such as flu, asthma, allergies, cold, throat and eye irritation.
We focus on improving the building indoor air quality by intercepting and killing 99% of airborne bacterias, viruses and allergens as they pass through the HVAC system.
- Reduce not only absenteeism but also “presenteeism” (your employee is at work but not maximally productive), habits that collectively cost UK employers, an estimated £32 billion* a year in lost productivity.
Our tried and tested germicial UVC solution easily fits into your buildings’ air conditioning or ventilation system, regardless of size, and can:
- Kill 99% of airborne bacteria, viruses and allergens as they pass through the HVAC system and neutralise odours.
- Prevent the spread of infectious diseases caused by bacteria (including TB, Legionella, E.Coli, MRSA, and whooping cough) and viruses (including colds, flu, measles, German measles, chicken pox, small pox, norovirus, and SARS).
- Prevent airborne pandemic threats such as H1N1, SARs, H5N1 from spreading through HVAC systems.
The positive health effects can be experienced within a week, especially if your employees are suffering from asthma. Our UVC solution only costs £24.00 per employee / annum (on average).
Pursue Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) management as part of your portfolio-wide sustainability strategy and reduce employee absenteeism and health care costs, improve productivity, reduce liability and regulatory risk, and improve brand and reputation.