The company ECOMB AB was founded in 1992 at the same time as the first application for a patent of the Ecotube-system was handed in. The invention, now protected on all essential markets around the world, implicates a new concept for optimising the combustion process in boilers. The demand to reduce the emissions from different types of combustion plants around the world has accelerated during the last decade. Not only because of standards and claims from the authorities but also from the companies own environmental policies.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste to Energy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
By installing retractable tubes, equipped with nozzles, (Ecotubes) inside the boiler, secondary air can be added with high pressure and high speed improving the mixing of the gases. The result is a remarkable reduction of pollutants like nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide and VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) in the flue gas. At the same time the thermal efficiency increases which implies not only lower fuel costs but also a reduction of carbon dioxide, the main source to the greenhouse effect.
The purpose for ECOMB is to develop, market and supply the Ecotube-system as well as selling license rights.
- 1992 ECOMB AB was founded by Eric Norelius and Ulf Hagström
- 1995 First commercial Ecotube System installation
- 1997 ECOMB AB became public, 600 new share holders, issue of new shares
- 2001 First international order, issue of new shares
- 2003 Issue of new shares
- ECOMB is a “cutting edge” environmental product technology company. All manufacturing of the patented Ecotube System, ancillaries, control software and installation are subcontracted to vendor-assessed suppliers.
- All project contracts are managed and supported from the ECOMB headquarters in Södertälje, Sweden.
- ECOMB AB’s international marketing activities are supported by local partners. These partners provide marketing, sales and contract engineering services to support Ecotube System installations.
- Today ECOMB AB has 5 employees and a worldwide network of 20-30 people supporting the company in various situations.