FAST-ACT is a proprietary formulation of non-toxic high-performance specialty materials effective at neutralizing a wide range of toxic chemicals with the added capability to destroy chemical warfare agents. FAST-ACT is non-flammable, non-corrosive, and significantly reduces both liquid and vapor hazards. Since the dry powder neutralizes threats upon contact, on-site incident management and clean up times are reduced. FAST-ACT is offered in pressurized cylinders capable of addressing both liquid and vapor hazards, manually dispersed containers for liquid hazard treatment, and mitts for equipment and small scale decontamination. FAST-ACT can be safely applied to any liquid spill or vapor release enabling Emergency Responders to utilize one technology when faced with a wide variety of known or unknown chemical hazards.
The FAST-ACT technology is based on the use of safe earth minerals. Earth minerals inherently possess the ability to detoxify harmful chemicals; however, they are not as efficient as harsher, and often risky man-made concoctions. Timilon utilizes unique manufacturing approaches to greatly enhance the beneficial properties of the earth minerals while retaining their natural safety characteristics. To better illustrate, earth minerals are highly organized at the molecular and building block levels. When they come into contact with a harmful chemical, the earth minerals’ receptors (surfaces sites) capture the bad chemicals initiating the neutralization process on the surface. Timilon’s manufacturing techniques are designed to facilitate, enhance, and add to that process. FAST-ACT’s earth minerals have additional surface sites to more efficiently capture the harmful chemicals and large internal spaces to chemically bind and safely contain the chemical threat.
FAST-ACT has increased surface area, unique morphology, high chemical reactivity, and high porosity, all contributing to the enhanced adsorption and neutralizing characteristics. FAST-ACT has the ability to not only contain, but to also chemically break down a wide variety of chemical compounds. This technology has been tested and certified for a broad array of chemical pollution mitigation including the highly toxic chemical warfare agents. The technology has been tested by the following laboratories for chemical breakdown and neutralization applications:
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Edgewood Chemical Biological Command
- Coal Mines Technical Services
- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
Additionally, the technology had gone though the Lloyds Register Product Verification Scheme for its ability to decontaminate airborne chemical contamination from enclosed spaces:
- Certificate PVS 1400001, dated June 17, 2014
- FAST-ACT is comprised of a unique blend of metal oxides specially formulated to be effective against a broad spectrum of chemicals.
- The physical properties, such as high porosity and surface area result in chemical properties like efficient adsorption and chemical neutralization.
- FAST-ACT works against different chemicals by different mechanisms.
FAST-ACT’s versatility makes it the ideal chemical response product for a variety of applications including:
- HAZMAT response
- Neutralization of harmful small scale liquid and chemical spills
- Knockdown of dangerous vapors in enclosed spaces
- Equipment and suit decontamination
- Unknown chemical mixture neutralization
- Vehicle battery acid releases
- Pesticide releases
- Damaged leaking packages
Key Features and Benefits
- Immediate life safety threat reduction
- Safe, non-toxic, non-corrosive, & non-flammable
- Easy to operate
- No premixing is required
- Compact delivery systems
- Rapid-acting upon contact (works within minutes)
- Effective over a wide range of environmental conditions
- No special training required
FAST-ACT is not only an effective chemical decontamination product, but it is also very safe. The product’s safety has been proven safe through oral, pulmonary, ocular, and dermal toxicology testing conducted by leading independent certified laboratories:
- US. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventative Medicine
- MPI Research
- Nelson Laboratories, Inc.