Focused Photonics Inc. (FPI)
Focused Photonics Inc. (also known as FPI) measures gas, air, dust and water, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of analytical instrumentation for industrial process and environmental monitoring. By combining global expertise with local support, FPI delivers only the cutting-edge technologies of analytical instrumentation with an easily accessible networks worldwide. FPI continues to improve its local presence through subsidiaries and distributors aiming to provide optimal services to industries, municipalities and institutes.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Monitoring
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- $100,000,000 US - $1,000,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
In late 1990’s, FPI was initially registered in California, USA for research and development of Tunable Laser Diode Absorption Spectroscopy (TDLAS) technology and utilization. The establishment of FPI in 2002 was shortly followed by its successful expansion to steel Industry where the in-situ TDLAS of FPI was acknowledged as benchmark monitor for process gases measurement. Inspired by recognition of the industries, FPI extended its business from monitoring of process to emission, ambient air and waste water. Truly satisfies the customers with improved safety control, productivity and environmental protection.
- Country of Origin: China
- Establishment: January, 2002
- Address: 760 Bin’an Road, Bingjiang District, Hangzhou 310052, China
- Company Type: Public (IPO in 2011)
- Share Capital: 445,000,000 CNY - A ChiNext company of Shenzhen Stock Exchange
- Total Employee: 3,819 (Nov, 2016)
- Annual Turnover: Over 350 Million USD (Year 2016)
- Manufacturing and sales of industrial process instruments
- Manufacturing and sales of environmental monitoring instruments
- Manufacturing and sales of laboratory and scientific instruments
- Manufacturing and sales of metal analysis instruments
- Manufacturing and sales of hydrological instruments
- Manufacturing and sales of other measuring and analytical instruments
- Contracts for instrumentation services and operation
- Contracts for instrumentation work, electrical work, telecommunication work, and other related work
- Initiating and creating of intelligent city
- All business accompanying the preceding items
- Synspec B.V.; Netherland
- Arun; UK
- Michem; Beijing
- Titan Instrument; Beijing
- Total 30+ Subsidiaries across the world. (Year 2016)
Dr. Wang Jian
Co-founder, prior to founding FPI, Jian worked as a senior researcher in Applied Optoelectronic, Inc (USA).
He is a professor of Hangzhou Electronic Science & Technology University, chief scientist of Diode Laser Measurement Institute, the key person who formulated international standard ‘Tunable Laser Absorption Analyzer’.
He holds Ph.D. from Stanford University in Mechanical Engineering and Ph.D. from Zhejiang University in Optical Instrumentation.
Co-founder, prior to founding FPI, Max worked as managing director of Alibaba USA. Alibaba is now known as the second largest internet company in the world after Google.
He is among top 10 winners of ‘chief contributors of energy-saving & emission-reducing’ in China.
He holds MBA from Stanford University and master degree from UC Berkeley in biochemical analysis.
- Mission: Smarter Tech. Greener World
- Vision: Leader of Green Technology
- Core Value: Technology, Service, Value
- Organizational Culture: Get involved, Get succeeded
- Values of Enterprise: Collaboration, Innovation, Responsibility, Customers
- The “on-line blowdown detection technique and instruments for process industries” of FPI was listed into the major projects of the State 863 Plan(one of the most influential national plan in technological research area ).
- The product “Continuous Emission Monitoring System” passed the national environmental protection authentication.
- The “on-line laser gas analysis system” was listed in the state major new product plan project by Ministry of Science and Technology.
- FPI was awarded “the Excellence Prize of national enterprise independent innovation”.
- FPI was appraised as an outstanding group of information industry science and technology innovation by Ministry of Information Industry.
- FPI developed the series of process spectrophotometer which is based on UV spectrophotometry.
- FPI was approved to establish the “Photoelectric Process Analytical Instrument Standardization” and “Technical
FPI has been identified as the 'National Innovative Enterprise', 'National Torch Plan Key High-tech Enterprise', 'national planning key software enterprises', 'national IPR pilot units', 'Innovation of Zhejiang Province type model enterprise ',' Zhejiang Patent Model Enterprise 'and so on, for three consecutive years as the sole representative analytical instruments industry appeared in the' China's most vitality hundred enterprises 'for four consecutive years on the list,' Forbes - China hundred most promising companies . ' FPI is China Instrument Society for Environment and Security Branch testing equipment, on-line analytical instruments Professional Committee, Professional Committee of near infrared analytical instruments linked units. Zhejiang Province Environmental Protection Industry Association unit. FPI All products are through the CMC certification, measurement equipment manufacturing license, green products are made of environmental protection product certification. The company has passed ISO9001: 2000 quality management system, ISO14001: 2004 Environmental Management System, GB / T28001-2001 occupational health and safety management system certification and GB / T19022-2003 / ISO 0012-2003 measurement management system certification. R & D system in July 2009 by CMMI3 certification.