GEI Consultants, Inc. provides a broad array of geotechnical, water resources, environmental and ecological science and engineering consulting services to clients nationwide. We have completed more than 25,000 projects throughout the United States, Canada and more than 20 countries. Our teams deliver innovative solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
GEI is honored to maintain decades-long relationships with dozens of clients and partners nationwide. We focus on understanding and adapting to our clients’ business objectives and needs. Our clients expect from GEI creative, practical, cost-effective solutions to technical issues. We deliver.
The largest geoenvironmental firm headquartered in New England, GEI collaboratively services clients across the country from 30 offices coast to coast. We were ranked #122 in the 2012 ENR Top 500 Design Firms list. This marks the sixth consecutive year of progression for the firm in ENR's Top 500, rising 148 positions since 2007.
We are listed at #87 on ENR’s 2012 list of the Top 100 Pure Designers.
Please call or email your GEI contact to discuss your project issues. You can also reach us at 888.GEI.WORX (888.434.9679), or click on Reach Us. Either way, the more specific and detailed your message, the quicker we will put you in touch with the right resources. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to working together.
The company earned an international reputation as a leading consulting engineering firm providing innovative solutions to complex geotechnical issues. As the years progressed, GEI gained strong national presence in the environmental and water resources disciplines.
Over the past 15 years, GEI has acquired leading firms to strengthen our core services offerings, and provide highly complementary services and expanded national footprint to better serve our clients. Acquisitions include:
- Atlantic Environmental (acquired 1997), a leading Connecticut-based firm founded in 1985, was acquired for its strong expertise in environmental engineering and consulting.
- Bookman-Edmonston (acquired 2003), the renowned California-based Water Resources consulting firm founded in 1959, has been instrumental in many of the most important water resources projects in the Western United States over the past half century.
- Chadwick Environmental Consulting (acquired 2006), one of the nation’s top aquatic ecology consulting firms and testing laboratories, founded in 1979 and based in Littleton, Colorado.
- Energy and Environmental Analysts, Inc. (acquired in 2012) bolstered GEI's New York City metropolitan area services, particularly in environmental due diligence and site remediation. EEA is a national leader in marine studies, shoreline restoration, wetlands/ecological surveys, and environmental permitting. Founded in 1979, EEA completed more than 6,000 projects for industrial clients, utilities, municipalities and private corporations.
- Feld, Kaminetzky & Cohen, P.C. a Manhattan based consulting engineering firm with additional office in Jericho, New York merged with GEI Consultants, Inc., P.C. in 2013. FKC and its predecessors have served New York metropolitan area architectural and engineering firms, builders, contractors, private clients and public agencies for over 80 years.
A privately held corporation featuring hundreds of technical experts and broad internal ownership, GEI today serves clients across the nation through 36 offices located coast to coast. We have completed over 35,000 projects in all 50 states, across Canada, and more than 25 countries.