Geokon is an independent software development company specializing in environmental data management systems for local authorities. The company has its base in Copenhagen, Denmark, but services local authorities across the world. Our objective is to develop highly focused and functional applications that allow environmental health professionals to manage not only their routine work more efficiently, but also to enable them to carry out more effective strategic analysis of environmental problems within their areas.
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
Our objective is to develop highly focused and functional applications that allow environmental health professionals to manage not only their routine work more efficiently, but also to enable them to carry out more effective strategic analysis of environmental problems within their areas.
We recognize that environmental health professionals work in an industry where change occurs frequently and consequently we try to design our systems such that they are able to rapidly adapt to these changes. To this end we are continuously developing our systems to ensure that they remain in line with the latest legislative and technological developments.
We are committed to delivering a high quality service. We realize above all, that the continuation of our success is dependent upon developing and sustaining relationships with our clients.
To this end, we try to ensure that the services we offer provide a high degree of flexibility for the client at all stages of the project design and implementation. In addition to this we strive to ensure that our support services provide the highest degree of responsiveness.
The company employs staffs who have substantial experience of working within local authority environmental departments and consultancies.
This ensures that we are fully able to understand the needs of our clients. We are fully aware of the current pressing requirements upon local authorities to implement targets for e-government and Best Value and design our systems so that they contribute to ensuring that these targets are met.
GeoEnviron is a collection of data management software applications for environmental professionals.
The major benefits you will realize from implementing GeoEnviron include:
- Enhanced strategic planning and workflow analysis - designed by environmental specialists the system incorporates prioritization and decision support systems. In addition, GIS facilities are integrated into the core of the system.
- Reliable data storage and management - the system employs high performance SQL databases for reliable and efficient data and document management as well as networking.
- Enhanced 'electronic service delivery' - the system is 'web-enabled' allowing for the sharing of data via an intranet or the internet.
- Quality support and continuous development - a total quality management approach is taken towards the delivery of support services. The system is subject to a programme of continuous improvement driven by users' requirements.