HOBAS Pipe USA is a producer and supplier of corrosion resistant HOBAS centrifugally cast fiberglass reinforced polymer mortar pipe systems with product and process technology under license from HOBAS Engineering AG of Switzerland.
Innovations that occur by Chance are often the Best...
It all began quite modestly in Switzerland at a Basle dye works in 1957. The fabric was wound round wooden cylinders during the dyeing process, but splintering and discoloring put the expensive textiles at risk. Engineers sought an alternative and found one in a roller made of glass fiber and polyester resin. The newly developed centrifugal casting process for glass fiber reinforced plastics (GRP) enabled them to achieve the precision outside diameter and smooth surface required for dye works.
GRP use had previously been restricted to ship- building, automobile and aircraft manufacturing. However, its resistance to both corrosion and chemicals also made the material highly suitable for other applications. The Swiss, renowned for their vision and pioneering spirit, saw its benefits and were soon using the centrifugally cast pipes for conveying water - the pipes laid at that time present no problems and are still in use to this day. Step by step, the pipes were improved, the manufacturing process automated, the product range extended and tailor-made fittings added in the subsequent years. A new company was born: HOBAS.
Centrifugal casting of HOBAS fiberglass reinforced polymer mortar pipes started in Europe 50 years ago. The group of companies has provided nearly 40,000 miles of pipe worldwide, enough to circle the world 1 1/2 times.
- HOBAS is an international group with over 50 years proven commitment for customer satisfaction and quality excellency.
- We create value for our customers by delivering innovative products and services which meet client specifications and applicable standards.
- Ongoing improvement of quality performance is a key driver of our success.
- Each employee's individual contribution is vitally important to our progress and therefore we provide the resources to ensure world class personnel expertise.
- Our group principles are guided by professionalism, stability, openness and long
- torn vision.