Indian Water Works Association (IWWA)
Indian Water Works Association (IWWA) is a voluntary body of professionals concerned and connected with water supply for municipal, industrial, agricultural uses and treatment and disposal of wastewater. IWWA focuses basically on the entire Water Cycle`encompassing the environmental, social, institutional and financing issues. IWWA has 27 Centres spread across the country and is very active in conducting different activities in the areas of Water Supply and Wasterwater Treatment and Disposal. IWWA has a membership of more than 6500 plus professionals spread all over the country and abroad.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
The Indian Water Works Association is a voluntary organization of Professionals concerned with WATER....
- WATER for Municipal, Industrial & Agricultural uses.
- WASTE WATER collection, treatment, disposal and reuse.
The Association founded in 1968 (and registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1961) with headquarter in Mumbai and 27 IWWA centres in the Country, presently has membership of 6,500 plus.
To cite a few, they Include...
- The decision makers in Water & Waste Water Sector such as Chief Engineers and Heads of Departments of Government and Semi - Govt. Organizations.
- The policy implementing Engineers,Scientists,Hydro-Geologists,Environmentalists, Chemists,Biologists etc.
- The beneficiary & contributing organizations of the Sector viz. Municipalities,Water Supply and Sewerage Boards,Pollution Control Boards,Irrigation Departments,Engg.& Science Colleges,Research Institutes etc.
- The supporting limbs of the Sector viz. Industrial Houses, Equipment Manufacturers, Consultants, Contractors etc.
The Objective of IWWA is to stimulate and promote the development of Science, Technology, Economics, Environment, Ecology and Social Sciences in managing the Water; both fresh and waste water. It provides a common platform for the persons and organizations working in this sector to exchange views, share ideas, disseminate information and knowledge about new and appropriate technologies for improving and upgrading the services.
IWWA is now in its thirties and have accumulated good experience in the promotion and transfer of knowledge in Water and Waste Water management Science & Technology and handling the related issues. It serves to promote programmes to accelerate and enhance sustainable growth of Water and Waste Water systems in INDIA.
At the International level, it has relations with other similar Associations such as:
- International Water Association (IWA)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Japan Water Works Association (JWWA)
- Global Water Partnership (GWP)
- World Water Council (WWC)
- India Water Partnership (IWP)