Ion Exchange (India) Ltd. pioneered water treatment in India and is today the country’s premier company in water and environment management, with a strong international presence. Dominant in total water management, Ion Exchange India also provides solutions for air pollution control, bio-solids & solid waste management and energy recovery from waste, through Ion Exchange Waterleau Ltd., its joint venture with Waterleau, Belgium. The company’s expertise spans more than four decades of operations and it enjoys the unique advantage of being among just few companies worldwide with the entire range of technologies, processes, products and services. This enables it to offer integrated, total water & environment management for – infrastructure, municipal, industrial and household applications, urban and rural. Technical services form a key component of the company’s solutions bouquet, and its service network is the largest in the Asian water treatment industry. Innovation is a hallmark featu
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
Ion Exchange India pioneered water treatment in India and is today the country's premier company in water and environment management, with a strong international presence. Formed in 1964, as a subsidiary of the Permutit Company of UK, we became a wholly Indian company in 1985 when Permutit divested their holding. We currently employ 1,000 people - multi-disciplinary teams of highly experienced professional managers technologists and scientists, supported by a widespread infrastructure in India and abroad.
If we're at the forefront of the water management industry, it's because of a sustained focus on:
- Technological advancement through R&D - innovation is our hallmark as our numerous patents testify
- Affiliations with the best specialist water treatment companies internationally.
- Human resource development - melding technology with people trained to manage it responsibly.
- Above all, commitment to customer care, that goes far beyond the sale. Technical service support is a key component of our solutions bouquet and our service network is the largest in the Indian water treatment industry.
We use our wide range of processes with an integrated approach to deliver total solutions for every market - household, institutional, commercial, industrial and public water supplies, urban and rural, in India and overseas. Comprehensive services such as O&M and BOO/T enable us to meet customer needs totally, offering end benefit conveniently and economically, with single source responsibility.
All operating units of the company are ISO 9001:2008 certified. Ours was the first ion exchange resin manufacturing company in India to have an FDA approved facility for the manufacture of pharmaceutical grade speciality resins. Our resin unit is also ISO 14001 certified. And our chemical division, too, is the first in the water treatment sector in India to be ISO 14001 certified.
- Pretreatment, process water/liquid treatment, waste water treatment, water recycle and product recovery using various physico-chemical processes for settling, clarification, filtration, and disinfecton, membrane and ion exchange technology.
- Ion exchange resins, membranes, polymers and polyelectrolytes for water and speciality non-water applications
- Boiler and cooling water treatment chemicals
- Fireside chemicals and fuel additives
- Process chemicals for sugar and paper manufacture
- Specialised systems for removal of excessive fluoride, arsenic, iron and nitrates from water. These along with disinfection systems have been adapted to rural needs.
- Domestic and institutional drinking water purifiers and water conditioners; central drinking water treatment systems.
- Sewage treatment and recycle systems
- Comprehensive services - rehabilitation and automation of plant, BOO/T, O&M, consultancy, operator training, design engineering and project management.
- Strategic concept-to-completion guidance and consultancy
- 360o turnkey water management
- Assured supply and quality of water
- Superior price performance ratios and production efficiencies
- Single point responsibility enabling greater customer focus on core business
- Lower cost and effective use of capital employed
- Creative ownership options
- Environmentally responsive solutions
In its 40 years of experience, the company has provided installations for diverse industries in India and abroad, from nuclear and thermal power, fertiliser and refinery, to automobile, electronics and textile . The company has an indepth understanding and knowledge of the Indian market as well as of the cultural patterns prevailing particularly in South East Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- More than 35,000 plants in India and abroad - packaged, pre-engineered and custom built.
- Over 400 major installations at thermal and nuclear power stations, fertiliser factories, refineries, petrochemical and other industries.
- Over US$30 million worth projects in India on global tender basis and many projects abroad.
- Exports of equipment, ion exchange resins, membranes and water treatment chemicals to Japan, South East Asia, USA, Europe, Africa, Egypt, Middle East, Russia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mauritius and Sri Lanka