Biofilm technologies represent a fast growing field of high-biotech, enabling highly efficient and stable Bioprocesses.Their key-factors are highly activemicroorganisms, fixed on superior carriers materials with optimized properties. LEVAPOR carrier are innovative, designed carrier materials with variable ideal properties, allowing taylor made solutions for a wide field of applications in biofilm reactors.
LEVAPOR carrier are comprising of, porous, flexible, easily fluidisable plastic foam cubes, impregnated with adsorbing pigments. They
- can adsorb remarkably quantities of organic substances,
- become colonized very fast by specialized microorganisms and
- bind up to 300 % water,
- resulting in bioprocesses with remarkably higher efficiency and stability,
- regenerating the adsorbing capacity biologically.
- Biotreatment of municipal and industrial effluents , especially in
- nitrification and denitrification
- anaerobic and aerobic treatment of complex effluents and
- removal of persistent and hazardous pollutants and micropollutants.
- Biological gas treatment in bio-trickling-filters (BTF) including acidifying
pollutants, like chloroorganics, mercaptans, NH3 and H2S.
- Processes reusing water, like fish hatcheries and aquacultures.
- Fermentation of bioproducts.
- Higher efficiency and stability of bioprocesses under
- Lower excess biomass production
- Lower degree of reactor filling : only 12 to 15 vol.% instead of 30 to 70 % as usually practicized in reactors with non modified plastic carriers
- Higher removal of persistent, hazardous pollutants via
- Buffering of toxic shock loadings
- Short startup period of bioprocesses
- Remarkable process economy
- Simple technology, applicable also during plant operation and
- Proven technology with several references.
- Analysis of the problem
- Elaboration of alternatives for problem solution , supported by
- Practice oriented biotests (optional),
- Process Design and/or Engineering
- Production and delivery of the required LEVAPOR type and
- Plant startup using optimized mixed biomass, enriched with microbes essential for degradation.
LEVAPOR products are surface activated, adsorbant porous foams.
By coating polymeric foams with surface active pigments modified foams with new, variable properties can be obtained.
The modified properties result in :
- Foams with fine or large pores.
- Higher , adsorbing surface and water binding capacity
- Variable density, settling velocity, ionic charge and conductivity.