MIDAC Corporation was founded in 1978 with the goal of developing Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrometers for a broad spectrum of the scientific community - from research to industry. In pursuing this goal, the company has created a full line of FTIR products that are reliable, easy to use, and economical. The company`s founder and President, Jerry Auth, brings a singular expertise in FTIR instrumentation to MIDAC. Jerry`s work in the field began in 1965. Among other innovations, his efforts include pioneering the very first commercial FTIR instruments and the subsequent refining of specialized high resolution systems for the semiconductor industry. Our instruments and software have gained a worldwide reputation for ruggedness, reliability and ease of use. They have proven their ability to perform the most demanding measurements under the harshest conditions.
The company's founder and President, Jerry Auth, brings a singular expertise in FTIR instrumentation to MIDAC. Jerry's work in the field began in 1965. Among other innovations, his efforts include pioneering the very first commercial FTIR instruments and the subsequent refining of specialized high resolution systems for the semiconductor industry.
Recognizing the widespread need for economical and reliable instrumentation throughout the chemical industry, MIDAC introduced its first line of rugged, low-cost spectrometers in 1988. With innovations including monocoque construction, a compact and durable interferometer, and the use of a standard personal computer based data system, the MIDAC system was the first to make the analytical power of FTIR available to the average chemist.
The current family of MIDAC products incorporates next-generation advancements in hardware and software specifically designed for high performance gas phase analysis. This includes a variety of application-specific solutions for industries including specialty gases, semiconductors, industrial hygiene, environmental, automotive, and general laboratory applications.
For over thirty years we have been assisting our clients in finding solutions to difficult analytical challenges using Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR). They have proven their ability to perform the most demanding measurements under the harshest conditions. Here is just a sample of what our customers have achieved using our analyzers and the expertise of our applications scientists and specialists:
- Extractive at-source and in-situ instrumentation
- Complete turn-key process monitoring and emissions measurements
- Open path monitoring, including fence-lines, flux, plumes, and incident areas
- Moisture analysis of process gas streams including ammonia and other corrosives
- Real time process monitoring and efficiency measurements in power plants
- Stack testing and analysis of combustion byproducts including formaldehyde
- Semiconductor and other industrial gas purity and usage analysis
- Indoor facility air analysis and monitoring for workplace and safety compliance
- Vehicle emissions and catalytic converter research
- Natural gas vehicle and fuel cell R&D and quality control
- Testing for EPA and ASTM protocol compatibility
- Feasibility and R&D studies
- Chemical agent detection
- Process control applications for manufacturing
- Industrial hygiene measurements
We look forward to helping you use the power of FTIR spectroscopy to solve your analytical challenges.