Piranha Hose Products, Inc. has been providing high pressure sewer hoses to industry since 1959. In 2005, Piranha became a Kuriyama Group Company. Centrally located in the heart of Northern Michigan, our modern production facility provides industry with quality made high pressure hose products that deliver reliable performance for the sewer cleaning, paint spraying and hydraulic hose markets. Piranha has a worldwide distribution network in place to make sure that our customer`s needs and expectations are met on a daily basis.
Piranha® Hose Products, Inc. has set the standard in the sewer hose industry for quality and reliability. Piranha was instrumental and a true pioneer in the development of reinforced high pressure hoses for sewer cleaning in residential, commercial and industrial applications. Hoses are also made for jetting/lateral line use, for jetting equipment used in commercial, industrial and residential applications. Special High Temp jetting line hoses are also available. Additional product developments have been made in the paint spray and hydraulic hose markets as well.
Piranha’s manufacturing process incorporates materials that are constructed to provide rugged and reliable service under the most severe and demanding conditions. A yellow colored Polyolefin or seamless thermoplastic tube provides maximum resistance to hydrolysis. The yellow color assures the user that they are using a WASTEC designated Piranha hose product.
Specially engineered hose products are also available to meet the application needs of an ever changing marketplace. Please contact us for more information on your inquiries.
Piranha Hose Products, Inc. Company History
- Piranha Hose Products was founded in 1945 by Louis Stott under the name of “Polymer Corporation.”
- In 1959, reinforced tubing was developed for high pressure applications.
- In 1961, the first patent for high pressure hose was granted.
- Polymer acquired Gay Hose in Niles, MI in 1965. This served as a coupling facility for hose assemblies.
- In 1969, Polymer was acquired by ACF (American Car Foundry).
- In 1970, the patent for a polyurethane cover was granted. In 1979, the patent for polyurethane used to cover nylon reinforced hose was granted.
- In 1983, the trade name “Piranha” was registered.
- In the late 1980’s the operation moved to Reading, PA.
- The assets of Polymer were purchased by DSM (Dutch State Mines) in 1989.
- Avon Rubber Products bought the polymer division from DSM and moved the operation to Cadillac, MI in 1998.
- In 2001, former employees of Avon Rubber Products bought what is now Piranha Hose Products.
- In 2003, Piranha Hose Products moved into their current Weigel Street location.
- In 2005, Kuriyama of America, Inc. purchased Piranha Hose Products.