Founded in 1963 by Jacques MOISON, SAFI designs and manufactures a wide range of thermoplastic valves for the most demanding industries. Whether a valve from our catalog or a solution specifically developed for your need, SAFI puts its experience and capacity for innovation at the service of the safety and performance of your installation. Family owned for over 50 years, SAFI guarantees you a relation at a human scale, providing a proximity service, technical and dynamic. No matter where you are in the world, SAFI accompanies you via its subsidiaries and a wide international network of distributors.
Dedicated to the design and production of industrial plastic valves since its creation in 1963, SAFI is today one of the European leaders in its sector.
Our catalog enriched by our 55 years of experience, allows us to offer you a wide range of standard products designed by SAFI with a proven design.
Every day, our technical teams create a new solution for one of our clients, adaptation of an existing product or a valve completely developed for you, SAFI designs solutions for each of your needs.
SAFI offers you its products and services all over the world through a wide network of subsidiaries and distributors. More importantly, our sales and technical teams come to meet you on site, wherever you are.
Internationality is not a strategy, it is a corporate culture. At SAFI, our collaborators come from multiple geographical horizons and can communicate with you in 15 different languages.
- 1954 : The Italian chemist Giulio Natta and the German chemist Karl Ziegle discover polypropylene.
- 1955 : Jacques Moison invents the first washing machine and laundry spinner that does not need to be fixed to the floor. To reduce the weight of his machine, he introduces new materials and notably creates a small plastic valve.
- 1963 : Jacques Moison, then director of a company in the packaging industry, resigns to create the Société Anonyme de Fabrications Industrielles. He establishes in the small village of Taulignan (Drôme). His idea: use the properties of the implementation and resistance to corrosion of plastics in the world of valves which at the time was almost exclusively metallic.
- 60s : SAFI manufactures numerous valves for different applications. Its main market was for the oil tanks used in the domestic heating. The company also develops in the subcontracting of plastic parts for many industries.
- 70s : SAFI develops valves for manufacturers of agricultural sprayers previously only composed of metal valves.
- 1974 : Creation of a subsidiary in England.
- 1979 : Creation of a subsidiary in Germany.
- 80s : SAFI abandons the injection subcontracting to focus on plastic valves. The company develops in the chemical industry.
- 1985 : Creation of a subsidiary in Spain.
- March 2005 : Takeover of SAFI by Stephane Moison, son of the founder.
- August 2005 : Death of Jacques Moison.
- 2008 : Creation of an office in the USA.
- 2009 : Creation of a subsidiary in Chile.
- 2012 : Entrance of the investment fund CAPITEM Partenaires, as a minority shareholder of SAFI, in order to help the company accelerate its development.
- 2015 : Creation of an internal laboratory for research and testing.
- 2018 : Creation of a subsidiary in Peru.