WESTRAND Odour Engineering
WESTRAND’s speciality is the treatment of industrial odour problems. We produce and sell a series of patented molecules able to destroy odours, and we take care of the surrounding engineering.
Odour removal by implementing neutralising agents.
A new discipline, more than 20 years of experience and a unique know-how. A complete range of patented active constituents neutralising olfactory nuisances, based on a combination of natural and synthesis essential oils, containing cocktails of aldehydes.
We have developed an important activity in the removal of odours from :
WTCs, incinerators, compostings, sludge, green waste, household refuse, etc.
Wastewater treatment plants
Large and small WWTPs , wastewater networks, lagoons, etc.…
Paper mills, slaughter houses, petrochemical, agro-food industries, breweries, automotive industries, miscellaneous industries, etc.
WESTRAND products are non toxic and satisfy many official tests (biodegradeability, non toxicity to eyes and skin, Work Medicine agreement, ecotoxicity, phytotoxicity, etc.)
Furthermore, we have very many tests of effectiveness.. The most recent are :
- ADEME / University of Rennes Study – 2007
- CIRCEE 2008 Study (Research laboratory of the Suez-Lyonnaise des Eaux Group)
- VEOLIA 2002 Study
- EOG Study on many WTCs
Neutralisation Rather Than Masking Odours
Our molecules combine with foul smelling groups of sulphates/mercaptans and ammonia/amines, leading to new neutral combinations, totally inactive olfactorily and in terms of toxicity.
- A complete service :
- Diagnostic (characterisation, dispersion study, tests in vitro and in situ, etc.)
- Adapted engineerings
- Obligation of results.
- The entire environment is progressively freed of olfactory nuisances.
- Significant reduction of foul smelling gases.
- In some cases, a persistance of several days thanks to the addition of fixing agents.
- WESTRAND processes are efficient, reliable and economic compared to other existing solutions. They allow making in some cases treatments normally impossible by other techniques.
- On-site acceptability by residents.