AnoxKaldnes - Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) System
AnoxKaldnes™ MBBR (moving bed biofilm reactor) systems are active biofilm carriers with optimal bacteria culture conditions for wastewater treatment. AnoxKaldnes™ MBBR is compact, simple to operate and very efficient for the removal of biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), ammonia and nitrogen. It offers numerous benefits such as flexible reactor design, being easy to operate and control, and offering a low load on particle separation stage.
AnoxKaldnes™ MBBR solutions are ideal for:
- New plants, especially those requiring a small footprint and easy operation
- Biochemical oxygen demand/chemical oxygen demand and nitrogen removal
- Using as a high-loading system in front of existing biological treatment
- Increasing the amount of nitrifying bacteria in existing activated sludge systems
- Implementing post-treatment to existing plants for process improvements