Dekati - Model DGI - Gravimetric Impactor
DGI-1570 (Dekati® Gravimetric Impactor) is a high sample flow rate cascade impactor designed for measuring gravimetric particle size distribution of particles < 2.5 µm. In a standard DGI setup particles are size classified into 5 size fractions with impactor stage cutpoints of 2.5, 1.0, 0.5 and 0.2 µm. If detailed information on the size distribution is not needed, some of the impactor stages can be removed from the DGI assembly. The impactor can e.g. be used without the 0.5 and 0.2 to stages to determine only PM2.5 and PM1.0 concentrations. The nominal sample flow rate though the DGI is 70 lpm which enables high sample yield even during short measurement periods. Typical measurement applications of the DGI impactor include engine emission measurements, air quality studies and other applications where high sample flow rate is needed.
- Particle size distribution in five size fractions <2.5 µm
- High sample flow rate; each unit calibrated for 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100 lpm
- Easy-to-use stainless steel construction
- Complete measurement solutions available from Dekati Ltd.
DGI is a cascade impactor that can be used to determine particle size distribution in any application where particles exist in its operational size range (<2.5 µm) and high amount of sample is available (sample flow rate 50 – 100 lpm). The DGI is commonly used in engine exhaust measurements since the high sample flow rate of the DGI enables high sample yield even in short measurement periods. Another typical application for the DGI impactor is air quality measurements, both indoor and outdoor air quality, where the sample particle concentrations are low and high sample flow rate is needed to collect enough particle material on the substrates for analysis.
- Inlet : ISO ½” female
- Outlet : ISO ½” female
- Collection substrates : 47 mm, Aluminium foils
- Back up filter : 70 mm,Teflon coated fiberglass
- Weight : 1.5 kg
- Dimensions : 110 mm x 100 mm
- Nominal flow rate : 70 lpm, calibration values provided for 50, 60, 70, 80 and 100 lpm