The patented FAST® Process stands for 'Fixed Activated Sludge Treatment,' a fixed-film, aerobic treatment system (fixed bed biological reactor) designed for tackling variable load and flow conditions. Proven in thousands of installations worldwide, FAST® consists of tankage packed with completely submerged media. The FAST® media creates a high surface area-to-volume ratio, which, combined with internal settling zones, maintains constant bacterial growth during low-flow and peak usage. This results in stable operation on a daily basis.
FAST® comes available in factory-built or field-installed modules, providing high performance treatment in a minimal space. The popular Modular FAST® arrangement handles smaller, variable flows generated from onsite applications, including schools, small developments, commercial and public facilities, and hospitality venues such as hotels, camps, and restaurants. No daily operation is required. FAST® provides significantly improved performance over traditional leach field and septic tank systems, especially when a nitrification/denitrification component is specified in permit or effluent requirements.
- Flows: up to 1,000,000 GPD (3,800 cmd)
- Higher flows for field-erected systems
- Models: Factory-Built, Field-Erected, Steel & Concrete
- Design: BOD, TSS & Nutrient Removal
- Proven in Thousands of Applications Globally
- Stable Process with No Internal Moving Parts
- Higher Loading Rates – Smaller Footprint
- Provides High Resistance to Shock Loads
- Typically No Daily Operation Required (Minimal Overall)