FAST - Modular Fixed Activated Sludge Treatment System
The Modular FAST® is a biological, fixed-film treatment system specially designed to accommodate the constant fluctuations encountered by small-flow and on-site applications -- from peak flows caused by infiltration to low flow periods. Such flow fluctuations demand a wastewater treatment system that can adapt quickly like the patented Modular FAST® by Smith & Loveless.
- Flows: up to 1,000,000 GPD (3,800 cmd)
- Higher flows for field-erected systems
- Models: Factory-Built, Field-Erected, Steel & Concrete
- Design: BOD, TSS & Nutrient Removal
- High-quality effluent extends leach field life.
- May reduce leach field size requirements.
- Handles wide flow variations. Fixed-film FAST® media prevents biomass washout.
- Aesthetically pleasing design allows the system to be completely below grade, if desired.
- Less expensive than standard pre-fabricated package treatment systems.
- The system requires minimal operator attention and no return activated sludge.
- Achieves nitrification and denitrification when appropriately configured.
- Schools and Universities
- Housing Developments
- Office Parks
- Resorts and Hotels
- Botanical Gardens
- Shopping Centers
- Golf Courses
- Food and Beverage
- Groundwater Cleanup
- Aerobic Polishing
- Increased Flow Capacity
- Combination of Increased
- Capacity and Nitrification