GC - Model 12×40 - Granular Activated Carbon
GC 12×40 is a virgin activated carbon which is granular in form. Made from the finest grades of bituminous coal, it is ideal for many liquid phase applications including the removal of organics from wastewater streams. NSF certified, it is suitable for drinking water and food grade applications.
- Mesh Size – 12×40, %: 90 (min)
- Greater than No. 12, %: 5 (max)
- Less than No. 40, %: 5 (max)
- Iodine No., mg/g: 900 (min)
- Surface Area, m2/g: 900 (min)
- Hardness, %: 90 (min)
- Ash Content, %: 12 (max)
- Moisture, % (as packaged): 5.0 (max)
- Typical Density, lbs./ft.3:
- 29 – 33
- g/cc: 0.47 – 0.53
*Standard packaging is in 55 or 1100 lb. vinyl bags. Other packaging is available upon request.
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable Local, State and Federal guidelines.