GC - Model C-30 - Pelletized Activated Carbon
GC C-30 is a virgin activated carbon. Derived from bituminous coal, it is pelletized in form. Its high activity and surface area make it ideal for most vapor phase applications. The uniformity of its shape makes it particularly attractive in applications where low-pressure drop is a consideration.
- Particle Size – (Diameter), mm: 3.0
- (Length), mm: 4.5
- Mean Particle Diameter, mm: 3.75
- CCl4 Activity, %: 60 (min)
- Butane Activity, %: 23.3 (min)
- Iodine No., mg/g: 900 (min)
- Surface Area, m2/g: 950 (min)
- Hardness, %: 95 (min)
- Moisture, % (as packaged): 3 (max)
- Typical Density, lbs./ft.3:
- 28 – 32
- g/cc: 0.44 – 0.52
*Standard packaging is in 55 lb. vinyl bags. Other packaging is available upon request.
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable Local, State and Federal guidelines.