IC Controls - Model 876-25 - Total Free Chlorine & pH Analyzer With Sample Panel
Reliable, reagentless total and free chlorine measurement that reduces operating costs. Measuring Total and Free Available Chlorine levels down to 0.02 ppm without reagents or the need for mixing, IC Controls 875-25 and 876-25 analyzers provide accurate chlorine measurement at low operating costs. The unique galvanic measuring cell improves upon amperometric or polarographic approaches by providing a “true zero” measurement – when chlorine is zero, output from the sensor is also zero thereby reducing error.
- No reagents required.
- Includes two separate loops: total free chlorine and pH.
- Two chlorine readouts: total free chlorine and free available chlorine
- Sample panel includes chlorine sensor, pH sensor, flow cell, pressure-reducing valve, flow setting valve, atmospheric break, constant head, grab sample point, and atmospheric drain.
- Sample-conditioning panel assures good results.
The 875-25 model measures chlorine directly via the galvanic sensor. This sensor incorporates a membrane through which free available chlorine migrates from the process so it can be measured. Building upon the 875-25 configuration, the 876-25 adds pH measurement in order to compensate the chlorine reading for fluctuating pH levels where this is a factor. Both products are available as complete panel-mounted systems including sample conditioning to greatly simplify installation. Output relays are also provided to allow for the control of devices such as pumps and valves.
These products are well-suited to applications requiring monitoring of chlorine such as drinking water treatment, waste water effluent treatment, industrial effluent control, industrial disinfection processes, cooling tower biological control, and process water treatment (e.g. textile industry).
- Self- and sensor diagnostics
- Fault tolerant
- Output hold during calibration
- Two programmable 4-20 mA outputs
- Dual programmable alarms with self- and sensor alert
- Frequent adjustments by keypad prompts
- Program remembers what you were doing
- No long key sequences
- Instant return to sample display
- 3-Level security to protect settings
- Easy to operate
- LCD displays ppm chlorine, pH, temperature, alarm setpoints, and calibration status.
- No reagents are required to measure total free chlorine.
- Chlorine membrane module replacement is easy
- Reliable, separately powered and optically isolated output circuit prevents computer interface problems
- Alignment controls hidden, but accessible when needed
- Durable housing withstands hosing down, survives acid and caustic fumes, rain, and humidity.
- Local digital indication
- 4-20 mA signals
- Adjustable alarms
- ON-OFF control
The analyzer is 115/230 VAC operated.
IC Controls has incorporated intelligence into the microprocessor analyzers, which can be accessed using the optional IC Net Advanced Intelligence Access Program. Measurements such as chlorine can be critical to your process and must be strictly monitored and maintained. Analyzer intelligence goes beyond measurement and control; it provides the user with all necessary historical data, including events such as calibrations and diagnostics. This information can be communicated for trending or advanced control, even to remote locations. Ultimately, the user has superior control with a competitive advantage.
The analyzer stores the last 12 monthly calibration records. The last 20 upsets are recorded and date-stamped, e.g. out of spec events, alarms and power interruptions. Internal data logging capability can record hundreds of data points at user-defined time intervals for later recall of factors leading to alarm conditions and for analyzing measurement trends. An optional real-time clock allows accurate tagging of events and duration even through power outages.
The IC Net Intelligence Access Program runs in your Windows-based computer using RS485/RS232 and can provide you access to multiple analyzers.