Model KD 40 - MBR System
From Membrane Technology
We have designed a simple yet high-tech membrane filter. The filter is generally available in 3 sizes, as a single, double and triple module (-S,-D,-T) with a capacity (Bio tanks*) from ea. 3.3-6.6-9.9 m3/h *(at 10 g.SS/1.-20ᵒC). KD 40 MBR System runs using the force of gravity, which means that the installation, operation and installation costs are considerably minimised.
We can offer a test of our MBR plant at your treatment plant.
Advantages of the KD 40 MBR System:
- The filter operates via ultra low pressure difference.
- High flux.
- Low fauling.
- The filter takes up little space.
- The filter has minimum air consumption.
- The water can be emptied from the filter.
- Air tubes can be cleaned during operation.
- The filter can be lifted out of the tank for inspection.
- The filter does not have any moving/wearing parts.
- The filter has a long service life.
- The filter requires minimum cleaning.
- In case of double and triple modules, it is ensured that the pressure drop in the individual filter inserts is neutralised, which contributes to ensuring a flow that is as effective as possible.
A module consists of a frame, tubes and a filter insert, and is available in three sizes – single, double and triple. The filter insert is made of PP coated with a PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) filtering material.
The filter, which is a polymer filter, has a pore size of 0.2 micron!
Alfa-Laval Membrane Technology has designed the filter inserts.
The filter frame, aerator and discharge pipe (Permate) are made of stainless steel EN 1.4404.
The filter is enclosed in PP plates for optimal protection.
We will be happy to assist with process design, delivery, assembly and commissioning of your new membrane system.
Recommended operation cycle: 10 minutes’ flow, 2 minutes relaxation
Recommended CIP: Once every 2-3 months
Recommended pressure difference: 200-600 mm VS.
Max. air requirement, type S: 8 litre per m2/min.
Max. air requirement, type D: 6 litre per m2/min.
Max. air requirement, type T: 4 litre per m2/min.