Plexus IWS Remote - Model R-025 Series - Ruggedized Industrial Remote Wireless System
The Intelligent Wireless System (IWS) nodes comprise of a range of distributed wireless products from Plexus Controls providing advanced supervisory, control and data acquisition (SCADA) functionality for commercial and industrial applications. With 'out the box' auto mesh wireless functionality, IWS nodes can be easily installed at a remote location and connected to standard sensors, supporting 4-20mA, 0-5V, 0-10V, HART, temperature, pressure and many other interfaces. Either through a direct wireless connection or automatically hopping through a series of repeater IWS nodes, the sensor data is relayed back to the IWS Hub for termination over Ethernet to the IWS Management Server application for display, logging and alarm management.
The Remote Termination Unit R-025 is a fully integrated self contained radio and interface package supporting a low voltage or low current input connection. The R-025 is powered using 2 x Alkaline or 2 x Lithium dry batteries that can be easily changed by the user. The R-025 has been designed to mount onto a flat surface or may be supported through the ½” NPT pipe fitting (wrap threads with Teflon tape to seal fitting). The frequency of readings can be user changed and values logged and plotted on Plexus controls Network Management System (NMS) software. Plexus also provided an SQL database package that allows more sophisticated packages to access the data for detailed analysis.
The R-025 is powered by internal 2 x C Alkaline batteries or 2 x 3.6V Lithium batteries (option) (not supplied). Battery life is expected to be up to 3 or up to 5 years respectively depending on the frequency of the reading cycles (programmable through the hub web pages).
- Next generation distributed, intelligent wireless SCADA system
- Voltage/Current input measurement
- Integrated or external long range antenna
- Battery powered (2 x C) no plant wiring or external power required
- Auto calibration and battery optimizer
- Reliable & scalable auto mesh wireless
- Full monitoring, control and back office support
- Provides 12V power to the sensor
- Waterproof and dustproof (wrap ½” NPT threads with Teflon tape)
- MODBUS TCP supported at Hub