From Construction Mats
The GEOTERRA® structural mat system is ideal as a ground-surface reinforcement layer to support loads over soft subgrades or for creating reinforced pavements in less-than-ideal environments
More cost-efficient than other reinforcement mat systems, the GEOTERRA® system can be utilized for either temporary or permanent applications. Individual GEOTERRA® units are locked together to form a network of interconnected structural mats suitable for supporting a wide variety of vehicle and equipment loads over access roads, platforms, helipads and other areas.
With high crush strength, the GEOTERRA® system has demonstrated the ability to handle the forces from some of the heaviest wheeled and tracked vehicle loads.
- are far less costly than heavier mat systems (40-70%).
- don't require heavy handling equipment, are safer.
- their high flexural strength performs well in soft soils.
- are light-weight, easy to transport, and connect together either with the GTO bolt or Padloc® system to fit any site layout.
- offer low-life-cycle cost; may be disassembled, removed and reused several times.
Physical details of the individual GEOTERRA® units used to form the top load-distribution/surface-wear layer:
The GEOTERRA system includes the GEOTERRA units and PADLOC connecting device. Depending on the design requirements, the system may also include the following components:
- Non-woven and high-strength geotextile layers
- Impermeable geomembrane layer
- Stakes/earth anchors
- GEOTERRA permeable drainage system
The GEOTERRA system provides benefits in a wide range of environments (system components may include geosynthetic layers and/or a drainage system):
- Prevents rutting of soils and protects turf
- Provides load support over poor/wet soils
- Prevents subbase degradation/contamination
- Allows access over sand
- Creates a uniform/stable surface
- Allows for an integrated, drainable surface
With a high crush strength, the GEOTERRA® structure is designed to support heavy vehicle loads over soft subgrades, as well as over areas where structural infill materials are unavailable or cost-prohibitive.
The versatile GEOTERRA system can be used with varying site-specific subgrade conditions and loading requirements. Flexible design options allow the complete system to accommodate the most-challenging site conditions. System components may include separation, filtering, drainage and other components.
The versatile mat system allows for customizing the construction layout configuration to specific site needs with little to no waste. GEOTERRA units can be pre-assembled into partial mats for transportation and installation efficiency.
Portable & Reusable
Significantly lighter weight than other systems, the GEOTERRA® mat system is easily transported to even difficult-access sites and may be handled without special unloading equipment. The system can be disassembled, removed and reused at other locations.