Pulsar - Model Blackbox 136 - Non-contact Level Monitoring System
Non-contacting intelligent monitoring of level or overflow events. Blackbox 136 CSO is a sophisticated ultrasonic system specifically designed for use with batteries to provide non-contacting monitoring of level or overflow events, with exceptionally low power consumption to maximise battery life in remote locations. Blackbox 136 CSO also features on-board data logging.
Blackbox 136 CSO wake up is economical and simple to program and operate, users benefit from extremely accurate and reliable digital echo processing with access to the dB Transducer range, measuring 125mm (0.41ft) right through to 40m (130ft).
Blackbox CSO Calibration
Blackbox units can be set up using Pulsar's Blackbox PC Software and optional interface cable, which links the Blackbox RJ11 RS232 port to the PC's serial or USB port. Blackbox units can also be set up using a hand-held programming unit.
CSO Log Software
If data logging is a requirement, the optional CSO log software is available both to set up the unit and download and analyse the logged data. The software includes powerful graphing, data analysis, export and print functions. Each data record is internally logged and also supplied as a 0-5v output. On standby, 136 CSO is ready to be polled by an external data logger or telemetry outstation for the retrieval of information.
Wake up intervals may also be varied automatically. For instance, if the level approaches a critical point, the interval between measurements can be reduced on even set to run the system continuously so that more detailed records of the event are available. The new interval will be maintained until the level returns to normal values and then the system reverts back to the previous wake up interval.
Should weir or other flow structure be available in the CSO then the Blackbox 136 can totalise 'spill volume' through this structure. Not only will the 136 CSO unit log the day, time and duration of any 'spill event' it logs the quantity too.
- Monitoring of overflow events
- Level measurement
- Low power consumption requirements
- On-board data logging requirements
- Standard Wall Mount Enclosure:
- Outside dimensions: 130 x 150 x 63.5mm (5.12 x 5.9 x 2.5in)
- Weight: Nominal 0.65kg (1.4lbs)
- Cable entry detail: Underside fitted with 3 x M20, nylon cable glands suitable for 6-12mm cable, two x 15mm x 13mm rear knockouts
- Large Wall Mount Enclosure:
- Outside dimensions: 130 x 180 x 85mm (5.12 x 7.09 x 3.35in)
- Weight: Nominal 0.75kg (1.65lbs)
- Cable entry detail: Underside fitted with 3 x M20, nylon cable glands suitable for 6-12mm cable
- Enclosure material/description: ABS Base with polycarbonate lid, flammable rating UL94HB
- Transducer cable extensions: 2-core screened (2 conductor 20AWG screened)
- Nominal separation: 1000m (3280ft) For greater separation distances please contact us
- IP rating: IP66/67
- Max. & min. temperature (electronics): -20ºC to +55ºC (-4ºF to +131ºF)
- Flammable atmosphere approval: All Blackbox units must be mounted in a safe area. Compatible with approved dB Transducers
- CE Approvals: See EC Declaration of Conformity
- UL/Approvals: Certificate Number E257330 - UL Approval certificate/ CUL Approval certificate
- Accuracy: 0.1% of maxmimum range
- Resolution: dBMACH3 0.25mm, dB3 0.5mm, dB6 and dB10 1mm, dB15 1.5mm, dB25 2.5mm and dB40 5mm
- Range: Dependent upon transducer. Nominally 125mm to 40m (0.41-130ft). Compatability with all dB transducers
- Rate repsonse: Fully adjustable
- ECHO PROCESSING:
- Description: DATEM (Digital Adaptive Tracking of Echo Movement)
- Analogue output: 0 to 5VDC into minimum load 10KΩ non-isolated (user programmable and adjustable) 0.1% resolution
- Serial port (Digital output): RS232 for programming and data extraction
- PC programming (standard): Via RS232 using supplied software
- Remote programming (optional): Via RS232 using optional hand held calibrator
- Onboard programming (optional): Via integral keypad
- Programming security: Via passcode (user selectable and adjustable)
- Programmed data integrity: Via non-volatile RAM
- DATA LOGGING (via optional CSO Log Software):
- Memory capacity: 192Kbytes 28 days @ 5bytes/min
- Memory type: Non-volatile memory
- Power supply: 10-28V dc 10W maximum power (typically 5W)
- Power supply: Power supplied via Blackbox RS232 interface