Solinst - Model 3500 AquaVent 5 - Vented Water Level Datalogger
The AquaVent 5 Vented Water Level Datalogger records accurate water level and temperature measurements in shallow groundwater and surface water applications. It combines pressure and temperature sensors, hydrophobic filters and datalogger within a 22 mm x 173 mm (7/8' x 6.8') stainless steel housing with corrosion-resistant coating.
The AquaVent 5 uses a gauged pressure transducer; it is open to the atmosphere via a vented cable to surface. Atmospheric pressure is applied to the transducer diaphragm, providing a cancellation effect for barometric pressure. This results in actual water level recordings.
The vented cable and Solinst AquaVent 5 logger are protected from moisture by built-in desiccants and hydrophobic filters.
The vented pressure transducer is made of Hastelloy®, making it extremely durable and accurate in a wide range of temperature and monitoring conditions. The sensor provides an accuracy of 0.05% FS, and can withstand 2 times over-pressure without permanent damage.
The robust memory can hold up to 150,000 data sets when programmed in Solinst Levelogger® Software.
- Ideal for shallow applications: up to 65 ft (20 m) submergence
- Aquifer characterization: pumping tests, slug tests, etc.
- Stream gauging, lake and reservoir management
- Watershed, drainage basin and recharge monitoring
- Stormwater and runoff monitoring
- Long-term water level monitoring in wells and surface water
- Gauged pressure sensor for highly-accurate water level measurements: 0.05% FS
- Multiple built-in hydrophobic filters and desiccants - no need to replace, reducesAquaVent maintenance
- Easy-to-access, user-replaceable batteries in Wellhead
- Options for MODBUS (RS-232/RS-485) and SDI-12
- Separate cables for each communication protocol
- Corrosion and abrasion-resistant coating baked-on using polymerization technology
- Automatic barometric compensation reduces time required for post data processing
- Integrate into a third-party data collection system for remote real-time data
- Continuous, reliable water level data for long-term monitoring projects
- Actual water level readings for instant aquifer test results
- Level Sensor : Piezoresistive Silicon with Hastelloy Sensor
- Accuracy : ± 0.05% FS Typical
- Stability of Readings : Superior, low noise
- Units of Measure : m, cm, ft., psi, kPa, bar, ºC. ºF
- Normalization : Automatic Temperature Compensation
- Temp. Comp. Range : 0º to 50ºC
- Temperature Sensor : Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)
- Operating Temperature : -20ºC to 80ºC
- Temp. Sensor Accuracy : ± 0.05ºC
- Temp. Sensor Resolution : 0.003°C
- Battery Life : 8 Years - based on 1 reading/minute
- Clock Accuracy : ± 1 minute/year (-20ºC to 80ºC)
- Maximum # Readings : 150,000 sets of readings
- Memory : Slate and Continuous
- Communication : 57600 bps Solinst USB, 1200 baud SDI-12, Modbus RS-485/RS-232 (various speeds)
- Size : 7/8' x 6.8' (22 mm x 173 mm)
- Weight : 6.4 oz. (182 grams)
- Corrosion Resistance: Baked-on coating using polymerization
technology (inside and out)
- Wetted Materials : Delrin®, Viton®, 316L stainless steel, Hastelloy, PFAS-free PTFE coating
- Sampling Modes : Linear, Event & User-Selectable with Repeat Mode, Future Start, Future Stop, Real-Time View
- Measurement Rates : 1/8 sec to 99 hrs
- Barometric Compensation : Automatic