Switch Box Grid
A Switch Box with a grid of sealed connectors for custom electrodes. The all new Switch Box Grid is used to connect electrodes using wires terminated with banana plugs. The Switch Box Grid is available for the SuperSting WiFi and the SuperSting R8 models, it is not compatible with the SuperSting R1 instrument.
The Switch Box Grid makes it possible to connect separate wires from each electrode using a regular banana plug. Each banana socket is sealed to the inside of the grid box making it usable in harsh environments. This option is useful for any situation where a single wire comes from each electrode to the instrument. This could be the situation at fixed installed electrodes for monitoring landfills, environmental clean up sites, levee and dam monitoring and in lab studies, where single conductor wire is used to connect each individual electrode.
A common problem in resistivity and IP surveying is contamination between connector pins causing electrical leakage between the active currrent electrode pins and the potential pins causing noisy data. This is especially the case where many open connectors are used, for example grids of banana connectors. The Switch Box Grid has been designed with special emphasis on ease of cleaning the surface of the grid box. The lid is also made of a non-conductive thermoplastic material preventing leakage between connectors.
For regular automatic data acquisition in 2D, 3D, and 4D surveys the standard Multi-Electrode Switch Box is used with the SuperSting Wi-Fi and the passive multi-electrode cable with it's special multi-pin connector. The multi-pin connector makes the standard Multi-Electrode Switch Box ideal for quick connect and unconnect of the passive cable under high production resistivity and IP surveying.
- Lab studies
- All electrode arrays.
- Any user-created multi-electrode array. Electrodes can be located anywhere in 3D space.
- Surface, surface-to-borehole, and borehole-to-borehole measurements.
- Time-lapse (4D) surveys.
- Floating and under water 2D, 3D and 4D imaging
- Monitoring in 2D/3D time lapse
All deployments of the normal Switch Box
Scale models in a controlled laboratory setting
User supplied horizontal or vertical permanent/disposable borehole electrode arrays grouted in place
User supplied electrode arrays installed permanently in landfill liners, levees, pond liners, tank farms and earthen dams
Custom array geometry with a mix of standard AGI passive multi-electrode cables and additional single wire electrodes for custom gradient and other array geometries
Any single wire connected to a custom electrode
Additionally, the Switch Box Grid is ideal for monitoring a permanently installed AGI passive graphite electrode cable to locate and assess leakage, seepage, impermeable membranes, dams and levees, moist or dry areas in heap leach piles. In new landfills it’s important to identify the areas that are too dry, as these areas will need more bacteria (leachate) introduced to break down the solid matter, which gives off methane. Landfill owners can sell back this methane as natural gas and use it as a secondary revenue stream.
- Aluminum instrument case for rugged environments.
- Non-conductive thermoplastic lid preventing current leakage between connectors.
- Interfaces with the SuperSting Wi-Fi.
- Numbered banana connector sockets.
- Default systems are available in 28, 56 and 84-electrode capacity.
- Special orders are available with 24, 32, 42, 48, 64, 72-electrode capacity.
- Can be “daisy chained” together for unlimited electrode numbers.
- Interfaces with the AGI passive electrode cables, i.e. borehole cables, underwater cables, and land cables.
- Can be interfaced in combination with AGI active dual-mode electrode cables.
- Switch Boxes 28-84: 254mm x 254mm x 160mm (10'x10'x6.3')
- Switch Boxes 28-84 Max 6.0 Kg (14 Lbs.)