TSI - Model 3088 - Advanced Aerosol Neutralizer
From Aerosol Neutralizers
Aerosol neutralization is an important component of aerosol science and engineering. Neutralizing aerosol particles can reduce electrostatic losses of particles within tubing or to other surfaces. Neutralization is also critical to gathering reliable particle size data when using a sizing instrument based on electrical mobility. Designed specifically for use in the Model 3938 Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer™, the Model 3088 Soft X-ray Neutralizer provides the charge neutralization you need without the licensing challenges of a radioactive material.
TSI's Advanced Aerosol Neutralizer Model 3088 offers an alternative to traditional radioactive neutralizers, frequently required for aerosol measurement applications. Due to increasingly stringent local, state and national regulations, obtaining licensing to acquire and use radioactive sources is often difficult and in some cases prohibited. Fully compliant with US FDA, CDRH (United States Food and Drug Administration, Center for Devices and Radiological Health) standards, the Model 3088 provides an attractive alternative, with sizing performance virtually identical to TSI's Aerosol Neutralizer Model 3077A.
This new aerosol neutralizer was specifically designed to interface with TSI's new Electrostatic Classifier Model 3082. Like its predecessor, Model 3087, it can be applied where radioactive neutralizers have been traditionally used. Since the Model 3088 can be easily turned on and off there are no transportation restrictions making it a good choice for mobile studies, fi eld studies, and other applications where the aerosol neutralizer will need to be moved from place to place.
- Submicron Aerosol Sizing
- Mobile and Field Studies
- Aerosol Charging Investigations
- Monodisperse Aerosol Generation
- Nonradioactive alternative to 85 Kr, 210 Po and 241 Am aerosol neutralizers
- Virtually identical sizing to radioactive neutralizers: geometric means and geometric standard deviations within 5%
- No transportation restrictions simplifies buying, using, and handling aerosol neutralizers
- Compatible with TSI's SMPS™ spectrometers Models 3938, 3936, and 3034 and TSI's Electrostatic Classifier Model 3082 and 3080 Series
- Electronic device-easily turned on and off with 7s response time
- Bipolar diffusion charger balanced levels of positive and negative ions
- No particle generation
- Neutralizes particle concentrations up to 10 7 particles/cm 3