Asbestos Project Management
From Asbestos Consultancy
Asbestos projects can be very complex. AEC has a number of years experience dealing with asbestos removal contractors and projects and will plan for predictable areas of difficulty and work with all parties on site to ensure safety and understanding of the entire asbestos removal process. Asbestos project management is a core business activity for AEC - projects can be tailored to suit each venture, taking into consideration the safety, risk, operational requirements and budgetary constraints of the project. We do not remove asbestos, but work alongside licensed asbestos removal contractors on a daily basis.
Our Project Mangement services can save you money, whilst ensuring your project follows all relevant health and safety regulations, operational requirements and meets both the programme and budget requirements. AEC assists with:
- Writing and preparing asbestos removal specification documents, providing the best and most appropriate guidance.
- Writing and preparing tender documentation for release to contractors.
- Tender evaluation following tendering process.
- Vetting of method statements / plans of work.
- Provision of UKAS accredited analysts on site for the duration of the project to carry out analytical works and also witness the smoke tests (in order to test the integrity of the enclosures) and provide other measurements eg wet bulb globe testing (WBGT) tests for hot works as necessary.
- Provision of site attendance and management from a fully qualified project manager. AEC project managers all hold, as a minimum, competence to BOHS CoCa qualification, accompanied by a BOHS P406 or equivalent: this ensures all works are carried out in accordance with relevant regulations and site documentation.
- The project manager will be able to guide the project through any issues that may arise and keep the project within programme and budget.
- Final completion reports, encompassing all elements of the project, this may also be held in the site Health & Safety File.