Burn-In & Reliability Qualification Services
Reliability qualification demonstrates the fitness of a microelectronic product for use in the field and helps our clients better understand the fundamental wear-out mechanisms, detect design marginality combined with parameter drift and determine failure rates due to latent manufacturing defects.
EAG provides stress based reliability qualification and knowledge based reliability qualification methodologies based on industry standards. EAG has optimized our services so no matter if you need maximum value and fast response or complete outsourced services, EAG's experienced Reliability Engineers can create qualification plans and perform testing to meet your requirements with strict adherence to applicable JEDEC and MIL-STD specifications.Our Burn-in & Reliability Qualification lab is one of the finest in the country with over 75 chambers & ovens, tight ESD safety controls, routine audits, and a dedicated engineering staff to provide you with all of the burn-in, package qualification, process qualification, and other reliability data you need. Our lab service procedures are ISO 17025 accredited and DSCC certified. We follow industry standards, such as JEDEC, Mil-Std, AEC, as well as customer specific requirements. All equipment uses N.I.S.T. traceable tooling and monitored, calibrated profiles.
Stress based qualification methodology provides a broad approach to identifying ic failure mechanisms and is a powerful tool to help engineers identify devices that may fail under normal use conditions. Thermal cycling, bias/humidity stress testing are conditions which many products experience and test conditions are designed to accelerate failures compared to field conditions.
Knowledge based qualification methodology is based upon detecting and understanding specific failure mechanisms. When a failure mechanism is known, accelerated testing can be designed to detect those failures prior to placing a product in the field.
- Moisture/Reflow Sensitivity Classification IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020
- Preconditioning JESD22-A113
- HTOL (High Temperature Operating Life Test) JESD22-A108, MIL-STD-883 Method 1005.8, EIAJ-ED4701-D323
- HTSL (High-Temperature Storage Life Test) JESD22-A103, MIL-STD-883 Method 1008
- Temperature Cycling (TC) Air to Air - JESD22-A104, MIL-STD-883 Method 1010.7
- Thermal Shock (TS) Liquid to Liquid - JESD22-A106, MIL-STD-883 Method 1011.9
- 2nd Level Interconnect Testing IPC 9701
- Temperature Humidity Bias (THB) Life Test 85°C/85% relative humidity - JESD22-A101, EIAJ-IC-121-17
- HAST (Highly Accelerated Temperature and Humidity Stress Test) JESD22-A110 (biased), JESD22-A118 (unbiased)
- Autoclave or Pressure Cooker Test JESD22-A102, EIAJ-IC-121-18