Flow Monitoring Services
RJN’s experience extends to pump station monitoring, overflow monitoring, groundwater gauges and rain gauges. Furthermore, RJN is a licensed provider of NEXRAD radar-derived rainfall data that offers ground-truthing Doppler rainfall distribution results to a resolution of around ½ square mile. With over 36 years of experience in diverse geographic areas and system configurations RJN has the knowledgebase to successfully identify project issues prior to beginning the work.
RJN staff have experience using virtually every gravity and pressure flow metering technology available today including:
- Wireless internet data collection for pump station, gravity sewer, groundwater and rainfall monitoring on over 500 sites
- Simultaneous flow monitoring for large networks including 480 sites in Houston, 114 sites in Baltimore, and 155 sites in Pittsburgh
- Monitoring hydraulically challenging locations including pipes from 8- to 147-inches, combined sewers, outfalls, frequently surcharging locations and near pump stations
- Applying a variety of flow monitoring technologies and configurations based on delivering the highest accuracy with consistently greater than 98% data uptime
- Providing accurate, consistent, and reliable flow information to support the calibration of hydraulic models and development of cost-effective capital improvement strategies
RJN owns and maintains the equipment necessary to provide comprehensive, telemetered flow, pump station, groundwater and rainfall monitoring services from small to even the largest of projects. Our equipment inventory includes area-velocity and open-channel flow meters, along with essentially safety, installation, calibration, and service equipment. RJN data analysts utilize RPM (RJN Project Management) Software to streamline the sanitary sewer data collection, management, and analysis process.