Lead Testing Services
Damaged lead-based paint is recognized by the California Department of Public Health as a potential health hazard, especially for children under the age of 6. Among many agencies, lead regulations and standards are set under Cal-OSHA, Consumer Protection Safety Comission and through HUD guidelines. In a publicly building, a condition like the one shown above may in fact be illegal under California Senate Bill 460. Even if a surface with lead-based paint is intact, certain activities such as grinding or torching such paint could pose a health risk.
Ellis' maintains a staff of CDPH-certified lead inspector/assessors to conduct lead inspections and testing. When lead-based paint must be stabilized, or lead-containing ceramic tile need to be abated, Ellis will develop a site specific work plan, procure bids, monitor the work, and collect air samples and clearance wipe samples at the end of the project to ensure that workers and future occupants are not exposed to any lead-hazards. These efforts allow for projects to be executed safely, quickly and efficiently.
Ellis Services Offered
- Testing for lead-based paint and ceramic tile
- Lead hazard assessments (wipe, soil, water and air samples)
- Operation and maintenance plans for identified lead-based paints
- Remedial cost estimates
- Location drawings identifying where lead is present at a site
- Bid phase administration prior to abatement, stabilization and/or cleanup
- Air monitoring and inspection services during remediation