Sustainable Development And Innovation Of The Agro-Industrial System
- Research, development, and technology transfer in the areas of genomics, metabolomics, cytogenomics of plants of agricultural interest, of microalgal and microbial biotechnology, and of metabolic and protein engineering;
- Research, development, and technology transfer in the areas of microbial biodiversity, of traditional and in vitro plant breeding aimed at obtaining new plant varieties, and of biotic and abiotic stress control.
Sustainable management of agro-ecosystems:
- Research, development, and technology transfer of innovative and integrated tools for the analysis, protection, improvement, and sustainable management of agricultural ecosystems;
- Analysis of the impacts of energy production systems on agro-ecosystems and local biodiversity;
- Development of approaches to favor the adaptation of agro-food plants and vulnerable ecosystems to environmental and climate change;
- Promotion of measures for the sustainable use of agro-ecosystems and biodiversity.
Methods and reference materials for quality of chemical and biological measurements:
- Development of Methods and Reference Materials (RM) for quality of chemical and biological measurements and certification of processes and products.
Innovation of the agro-industrial system:
- Research, development, and transfer of processing technologies and innovative diagnostic methods aimed at improving food quality and safety;
- Research and development of new raw materials, ingredients, and foodstuff in the area of 'functional foods';