ENEA-Italian National Agency for New Technology, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development
ENEA is a public agency operating in the fields of energy, the environment and new technologies to support Country’s competitiveness and sustainable development. ENEA research activities are carried out by five Departments:Advanced physical technologies and new materials - Biotechnologies, agro-industry and health protection - Energy technologies, efficiency and renewable sources - Environment, global change and sustainable development - Nuclear Fusion and Fission, and related technologies. The wide range of expertise, advanced facilities and tools located at its own Research Centres, operating in support of ENEA`s programmes, are also at the service of the Nation`s scientific and productive system.
ENEA is the name for Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development.
The Agency’s main research issues are identified as follows:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Nuclear Energy
- Climate and the Environment
- Safety and Health
- New Technologies
- Electric System Research.
Specifically, the Agency’s activities are devoted to:
- basic, mission-oriented, and industrial research exploiting wide-ranging expertise as well as experimental facilities, specialized laboratories, advanced equipment;
- new technologies and advanced applications;
- dissemination and transfer of research results, thus promoting their exploitation for production purposes;
- provide public and private bodies with high-tech services, studies, measurements, tests and assessments;
- training and information activities aimed at broadening sector expertise and public knowledge and awareness.
The Agency’s multidisciplinary competences and great expertise in managing complex research projects are put at the disposal of the Country system.