General Pest Control Course
For new or experienced pest control technicians, this one week residential course (Sunday to Friday) introduces the basic principles of public health pest control. Whilst this course is residential, if you prefer to travel, please state non residential on your booking form. You'll cover the main pest species, identification of infestations and methods of control. On completion of this course you'll have the theoretical knowledge required to be successful in pest control in the UK. At the end of the weeks residential course (Sunday to Friday), you will take the RSPH/BPCA Level 2 Award in Pest Management exam.
- This introductory course is considered as industry standard qualification in the UK.
- On completion you will have the knowledge and understanding to carry out pest control safely and effectively.
- You will take the Level 2 Award in Pest Management exam as part of the course, which is considered the industry requirement to work in pest control.
- You will study the whole syllabus online six weeks before the residential (Sunday to Friday) classroom course
- You'll also receive your own free copy of the British Pest Management Manual on day one of the classroom course - we're the only training provider to offer this.
Subjects covered on the course:
- Legislation relevant to those involved in public health pest control.
- Storage and transport of pesticides.
- Biology, behaviour and control of rats and mice.
- Control of other vertebrate pests including birds, rabbits, foxes, squirrels, moles and feral. cats.
- Public health insect pest biology and control including cockroaches, ants, wasps, flies, biting insects, stored product insects etc.
- Pesticide application equipment.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Choice and use of insecticide and rodenticide formulations.
- New developments in active ingredients, formulations and application techniques.