Hazardous waste treatment solutions for site remediation - Soil and Groundwater - Site Remediation
The contamination of soils as a result of prior chemical production can often be unpredictable and diverse. The majority of such pollutants will require an ex-situ treatment method. Many of our VacuDry units can be used for direct-feeding contaminated soils. To reduce the input amount for thermal treatment, the VacuDry units can also be used in combination with soil-washing plants: In this case, customers only feed the high polluted fractions and screened fines (e.g. below 10 mm), as well as the filter-cake from the soil washing process. However, we are able to handle soil contaminated with mercury, hydrocarbons, PAH, PCB, dioxins, furans, organic-lead compounds and many more. VacuDry plants for on-site ex-situ remediation projects are delivered in a modular design.
This allows easy movement of the system after completion of the remediation job for further use. Because of the negligible process emissions, VacuDry can be operated safely in a residential area. For temporary projects, we offer a renting solution. Read more in the “Rent a VacuDry“ section.
- Technology: VacuDry vacuum distillation, possible in combination with soil washing
- Throughput capacity: Up to 10 t/h thermal treatment capacity; in combination with soil washing up to 50 t/h
- Input material: Soils and building rubble contaminated with hydrocarbons, VOC, POP, PAH, lubricants, mercury organic lead compounds etc.
- C10-C40 output: Below 1 %, < 0.1 % possible – according to EN 14039
- Mercury output: < 1 ppm
- Heating system fired by: Fuel oil, diesel, natural gas, biofuels, recovered mineral oil fraction
- Almost 20 years of proven experience operating vacuum distillation units to treat contaminated soils and building rubble
- Pioneering unique patented vacuum-distillation solutions, frequently used since 1998 for challenging remediation projects in the chemicals industry
- Flexible, skid-mounted and modular VacuDry plants with mobilisation times of between 1 and 3 months (depending on plant sizes)
- VacuDry remediation technology always meets local EPA requirements
- Negligible emissions; approved to operate in residential neighbourhood areas
- Optional operation of VacuDry plants on-site by econ industries´ engineers