Waste handling for kitchens - Environmental
The kitchen waste systems is working in all sizes of commerical kitchens.
Huge amounts of waste are produced in kitchens, mostly in the form of bulky packaging or heavy organic waste food. Handling this waste poses both a hygiene risk and a working environment problem. Restaurants also have to meet current environmental requirements as regards sorting waste at source, for example.Envac supplies a solution which is sustainable both environmentally and financially.
The waste is thrown into conveniently located inlets there and transported via pipelines by means of a vacuum to a refrigerated storage unit in the basement or outside the building. These storage units are then emptied using a sludge or vacuum truck. This improves the working environment for both employees and cleaning staff. And as the system is hermetically sealed, waste will not attract pests or insects or release unpleasant odours.
- Valuable space can be freed up in the kitchen. At the same time, waste food handling is kept completely separate from the handling of fresh ingredients.
- Better hygiene – no odour, no leaks, no bacteria, no insects.
- Waste inlets can be positioned within comfortable reach of worktops, etc.
- The waste storage location is independent of the location of the waste inlets. It is normally located in a position where it will be easiest to pick up/empty, such as outside the building or in the basement.
- The storage area does not need air conditioning.
- Waste is processed automatically (by grinding or removing moisture, for example) to make it easier to handle.
- System capacity is optimised with regard to estimated quantity of waste and pickup frequency.
- There is no manual handling or transportation of food waste.
- ISO 14001 accreditation of your kitchen.
- Compliant with the very strictest HACCP hygiene requirements.
The cost of the investment is compensated for thanks to considerably lower operation and maintenance costs.