Water & wastewater treatment solutions for oil & gas upstream industry - Oil, Gas & Refineries
Sustainable Technologies for Treating Produced Water for Reuse or Deep Well Injection. Oil and gas exploration and production are highly complex and capital-intensive processes. Producers face many challenges, including the constraints of climate, environment, and geography. As companies extract oil and gas in areas that at one time were considered unpromising, water plays an ever more essential role.
Fluence has decades of experience in the field of produced water treatment and can provide sustainable solutions built on innovative technologies for:
- Optimal treatment of water for reinjection
- Treatment for beneficial reuse of produced water
- Treatment for surface discharge
Fluence provides comprehensive treatment solutions to remove undesirable substances from produced water. We custom-design processes to separate and treat produced water recovered during the extraction phase, which minimizes both the use of fresh water and the need for deep well injection.
We treat produced water from unconventional and conventional oil and gas production, as well as from steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD), coal-bed methane, and shale gas recovery, as well as other enhanced operations. Our plants treat water to meet the strictest discharge requirements, or for reuse in production or irrigation.
Our solutions meet the stringent standards required by oil and gas companies, including:
- Efficient treatment for increased productivity
- Robust, proven, and reliable installations and processes
- High safety standards in harsh environments
- Environmental compliance through the efficient removal of contaminants
- Quality-assured methods and procedures
Our highly successful solutions remove contaminants including:
- Total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Oil, grease, and other hydrocarbons
- Residual organic and inorganic materials
Fluence manages complex projects for oil and gas clients at a local level, using an integrated approach that ensures short lead times, reliable solutions, minimum risk, and proactive service.
If you’re an oil or gas producer, Fluence can help you with your desalination and produced water treatment needs, whether you’re purifying water for reuse, to meet discharge limits, or for deep well injection.
Contact our experts to discuss your specific project details, and learn how our sustainable solutions can help you meet your economic or environmental goals.
Fluence offers custom-designed solutions to meet your specific needs and objectives. Fluence’s portfolio contains a wide range of solutions, including technologies for oxidation and disinfection, filtration, flotation, chemical and biological treatment, and anaerobic digestion.
Treatment for Surface Discharge
The management of produced water is one of the key challenges faced by oil and gas producers. Companies are required to meet strict limits on the disposal of:
- Discharge water from coal-bed methane recovery
- Flowback and produced water from shale gas fracturing
- Reservoir overpressurization
- Tailings water
These discharge limits apply to oil and grease, organic compounds, sodium adsorption ratio, total dissolved solids, and more.
Fluence has significant expertise in the treatment of produced water for reuse. Our sustainable reuse solutions benefit oil companies, protect the environment, and minimize freshwater use while meeting strict environmental compliance targets. Treated water can be used as:
- Process water for downstream applications
- Injection water for offshore applications
- Distillate for use in steam generation (SAGD)
We design and build water and wastewater systems that are energy efficient and simple to install, even in remote locations. Our NIROBOX™ units are modular, scalable, and portable: They can be up and running quickly and easily, and can also be picked up and moved to your next operation.
Our containerized treatment solutions are available for:
- Seawater and brackish water desalination
- Wastewater reuse
- A range of standard water and wastewater treatments