Kurita Water Industries Ltd. provides water treatment solutions to a wide range of industries in the form of products, technology, and maintenance services. The Company’s operations are broadly divided into the Water Treatment Chemicals business and the Water Treatment Facilities business. Kurita’s key resources are: technology-driven company with advanced research and development capabilities, and its business network spanning all of Japan and across the globe. By providing customers from a broad range of industries with all-round water management solutions while focusing on such issues as enhancing productivity, reducing environmental burden and energy saving, Kurita endeavors to create values. The Kurita Group’s worldwide subsidiaries and affiliates are located in various regions of the world.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- more than $1,000,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Welcome to Kurita!
Since our founding in 1949, Kurita has been consistently operating in two areas of water and the environment in pursuit of its corporate philosophy of studying the properties of water, master them, and we will create an environment in which nature and man are in harmony.
With our water treatment technologies cooling water, boiler water & heating systems, waste water and reverse osmosis plants work more efficiently and are more stable. We offer specially developed technologies for process treatment for use in refineries, petrochemical plants, the steel industry and in the production of pulp and paper. Additionally, with aluminum compounds range, Kurita produces special additives for the tunneling and construction industry, for municipal and industrial water treatment and for the paper industry.
Kurita’s key resources are: technology-driven company with advanced research and development capabilities, laboratories and pilot test plants and its business network spanning across the globe and allowing us to develop continuously customised state-of-the-art technologies. By providing customers from a broad range of industries with all-round water and energy management solutions while focusing on such issues as enhancing productivity, reducing environmental burden and energy saving, Kurita endeavors to create values.
The Group is comprised of more than 55 international branches and subsidiaries. The Group has over 6,000 employees worldwide as of 2018 with a turnover of approximately 2.11 billion USD. Over 3,000 patents are proof of Kurita’s innovative approach to a resource-saving consumption of water.
From Japan to the world.
The Kurita success story began in the middle of the last century: Haruo Kurita founded Kurita Water Industries Ltd. in Japan in 1949. Initially the company provided the Navy with chemical products for the treatment and optimization of boiler water. Kurita extended its range and offered systems for water treatment shortly afterwards. The next expansion came in the 1960s with chemical solutions for process optimization in paper production, the petrochemical industry and in steel production.
Its growing expertise in water and process treatment, its leadership in the Asian market as well as continuous research and development allowed Kurita Water Industries to consolidate its global market position.
The Kurita Group has bolstered its business platform by bringing Fremont Industries, LLC into the Group in the Unites States. We have also established new overseas Kurita Group companies in Vietnam and the United Arab Emirates in 2017. We will accelerate its efforts to further expand its business in all regions by establishing a global business structure spanning for the four regions of Japan, Asia, Europe and the US.
Kurita’s actions are directed by its environmental responsibility. Study the properties of water, master them, and we will create an environment in which nature and man are in harmony. This is one of the guiding principles of our company philosophy. And this is our daily commitment: in our research and development as well as in concrete solutions for you on site.
We are driven by the realization that water - our most important resource - is in limited supply. All our energy and competence is therefore invested in the effective usage of this precious commodity. Innovative technologies like Kuriverter RC provide decisive impulses – with solutions that profit our customers. And the environment.
We commit ourselves not only to meet technological challenges, but also use our abilities to support humanitarian projects.
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd. founded the Kurita Water and Environment Foundation in 1997 to fund selected scientific projects in the areas of water and the environment.
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd. is one of only 30 worldwide enterprises listed in the the Nature-Stock-Index (NAI).
- Selected Kurita products are certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF International).
Satisfied customers, committed employees and respect for society and nature are the core values of our company. This is why we established an internal quality, environmental protection, safety and health management system at a very early stage. The conscientious and responsible action of each and every Kurita employee is guided by these values.
Naturally we follow internationally recognized standards and are subject to regular controls.
Customised technologies for industrial water, paper and process treatment.
Aluminum compounds for tunneling, construction and industrial projects.
Kurita – Follow us to be always up to date.
Download our free App “My Kurita App” now.
-Available for Android and iOS-
Benefits at a glance:
- Conversion tool for often used units in water treatment: water hardness, alkalinity, corrosion rate, flow, pressure, mass and conductivity
- Langelier Index Calculator with short interpretation of the result
- News about Kurita, product launches, lectures, case studies and much more
- Library of relevant documents
- Direct link to Kurita´s social media channels and Kurita webpages worldwide
- Up-to-date Information by using push notification
Enter our app with the desktop version here (we highly recommend to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Some functions are limited with Internet Explorer).
Download our app for your smartphone here:
Kurita offers a secure and private online-based “My Kurita Portal” which is custom-built for our customers and applications. This online platform makes interaction with our clients simple through connecting to the site data and sharing/locating information at anytime, anywhere.
Click here to access. Please contact your Kurita sales representative in case of any questions.
Kurita Group Philosophy System
The missions that the Kurita Group will fulfill in society into the future, its medium- and long-term visions, and its ways of thinking and values as the foothold for achieving them are stipulated as the Kurita Group Philosophy System.
Study the properties of water, master them, and we will create an environment in which nature and man are in harmony
- Kurita Group will contribute to facilitate the coexistence and shared prosperity of the natural environment and human society by creating shared value with society through water.
- Kurita Group will generate new functions and value for water, through further exploration and exploitation of the fundamental properties of water.
- Each individual of Kurita Group will adopt its customers’ point of view and solve their water and environmental issues, by making full use of its unique technologies, products and services.
- The Kurita Group Philosophy System clearly states that all of the Group's activities are aimed at achieving the Corporate Philosophy.
“A Creator of unique value to the solution of water and environment“,contributing to the realization of a sustainable society．
- Kurita Group will seek to create shared value with society such as environmental preservation and the effective use of resources, and will realize its corporate philosophy, by continuing to innovate and through businesses contributing to the natural environment, industry and people's lives.
- Kurita Group will, as an indispensable partner, create value for customers such as “pursuit of safety,“ “productivity enhancement“ and “reduction of environmental impact.“
- Kurita Group will evolve its “service business“ and will provide customers, at speed, with comprehensive solutions making full use of Kurita's technologies, products and services in chemicals, facilities and maintenance.
Business of the Kurita Group
The Kurita Group’s comprehensive capabilities
The Kurita Group has accumulated the technological know-how on water treatment since its foundation in 1949.
To meet customers’ needs, such as improving productivity and reducing their environmental impact, the Kurita Group provides comprehensive solutions to customers by integrating a variety of technologies, products, and services in three business areas: water treatment chemicals, water treatment facilities, and maintenance services.
Focusing on these three business areas, the Kurita Group manages a wide range of businesses, such as businesses related to water treatment chemicals and water treatment facilities. It also supports soil and groundwater remediation, chemical cleaning, tool cleaning, water quality analysis, and environmental analysis. The Group fully utilizes its comprehensive capabilities to solve the water and environment-related issues that customers face.
- Manufacture and sale of water treatment chemicals
- Manufacture of water treatment chemicals
- Chemical cleaning/ Plant facilities cleaning services
- Water quality analysis/ Environmental analysis
- Maintenance of water treatment facilities
- Ultrapure water supply
- Soil and groundwater remediation
- Manufacture and sale of water treatment equipment and products for commercial use and general households