Marel Water Treatment B.V.
Marel Water Treatment, formerly known as Aqua Industrial Water Treatment, is a specialist in the treatment of industrial wastewater, mainly in the red meat, poultry, dairy and fish industries. In addition, Marel Water Treatment has realized several projects in industries such as the textile and rendering industry. Marel Water Treatment is a global company that designs, manufactures and installs applications for the treatment of industrial wastewater. The treatment, separation and de-watering of sludge also form part of the core activities. Any degree of water treatment is possible, up to process water. Marel Water Treatment has specialized in water treatment solutions for the food manufacturing industry. We supply water treatment plants worldwide, from Russia to Argentina and from Canada to Australia.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 €
The composition of wastewater varies greatly. The degree of pollution depends on the industry and the production process used. Since any form of wastewater has its own specific properties.
At Marel Water Treatment, producers from the food industry are assured of technology that specifically focuses on their production process. Because it also applies to industrial water treatment systems that tailored solutions are best. The Marel Water Treatment systems are efficient, easy to use and characterized by low maintenance.
- 1904: Gerrit-Jan Nijhuis starts a general machine building factory in Winterswijk (in the eastern part of the Netherlands).
- 1916: Nijhuis Slachttechniek, a division of the Nijhuis company, established in 1904, produces the region’s first conveyor-rail system for the in-line processing of meat.
- 1983: Nijhuis Slachttechniek moves from Winterswijk to Lichtenvoorde.
- 1987: Stork takes over Nijhuis Slachttechniek.
- 1988: Stork takes over NON in Almelo -established in 1960.
- 1989: Stork takes over Schneider & Schuurman in Dinxperlo -established in 1977.
- 1992: Merger of Stork Nijhuis, Stork Schneider & Schuurman and Stork NON to Stork RMS B.V. at Lichtenvoorde.
- 1997: Merger with Stork Protecon-langen at Oss.
- 1998: Establishment of Stork MPS with locations in Lichtenvoorde and Oss at January 1st.
- 2001: Penguin Ventures B.V. acquires controlling interest in Stork MPS. The Protecon-Langen unit is sold to Townsend Engineering.
- 2004: Stork MPS celebrates its 100th birthday at IFFA in Frankfurt.
- 2006: Introduction new logo.
- 2010: Acquisition of majority share in Butina and Anitec, the market leader in CO2 stunning and blood collection.
- 2011: Acquisition of Durand International, the market leader in carcass splitting machines.